New California Driving Laws take effect January 1st, 2016

Per Eagle:

... carpenter as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)
[snip]

They SHOULD.

Some people around here got those for Christmas. They had 2 wheels (on the sides).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Okay, okay, Segway to you sir! Anyway users of the device commonly referred to as a hoverboard tend to seque from standing to lying on the ground moaning. Ignore the clauses in the definition of seque that talk about a smooth transition. Ain't nothing smooth about it.

Reply to
rbowman

Creates a catch 22. Going the speed limit is less than the normal speed of traffic. Going the normal speed of traffic is speeding. Perfect when combined with the war on some drugs and civil asset forfeiture.

Reply to
Brent

So does this make the use of hearing aids illegal while driving or bicycling or are they an exemption.

It's all typical stupid big brother gvt assholery.

Reply to
>>>Ashton Crusher

Great, typical chickenshit gvt/representative BS so that when they allow the lobbyists to get their money it will be years later and that way the chickeshit legislators who passed this won't get the blame when it happens.

Reply to
>>>Ashton Crusher

The government may be stupid, but some cyclists are even stupider. Riding a bike with loud music in your earbuds is dangerous, but people do it. Just as dumb, I see people in the dark walking along the roadside and other riding bikes in the dark with no reflectors or lights.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It certainly was, starting a little after the recession started.

Now that the recession is pretty much over, I would think things could reverse again, although of course they have to make it into the country again. No small feat.

I don't know but I don't think the Central American numbers are as great as the Mexican.

I've heard that when NAFTA was passed, the North American Free Trade Act, it cost some/quite a few Americans their manufacturing jobs as Mexicans did it cheaper, but the corn farms in the midwest with their enormously efficient farm machinery could raise corn a lot cheaper, and this stopped 10's of thousands of Mexicans from making a living on the small farms they owned or worked, and that that's why there was such a burst of Mexicans entering the US after NAFTA.

Googling, these, written in 2014 and 2012, says that very thing:

and

Micky

Most of them. It's so that when I see one with lights, especially a flashing red light, I'm really impressed.

And the deer too don't do much to keep me from hitting them.

Reply to
Micky

[Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted ? and you create a nation of law-breakers ? and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.?]
Reply to
.

Per .:

That's pretty good...

Where did it come from ?

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Ayn Rand. An imperfect person, as are we all, but in many ways a sage and seer of our bleak world. She tried for extreme melodrama but now we're way beyond even her cynical dystopia.

Reply to
AMuzi

OH! SEGWAY! lol I almost bought one last month and decided I didn't need one. :D

Reply to
Eagle

How in the f*ck would you get your walker on a Segway???

LOL Put down the pipe!

Reply to
burfordTjustice

Yup. And then the push for ethanol raised the price of corn -- and of tortillas, a major source of protein in the diet of poor Mexicans.

Thank you, George H. w. Bush, Clinton, George W. Bush, obama, et al.

Reply to
rbowman

In town, a bicyclist without lights at night will get stopped by the cops. The first time they get a warning and a free set of lights. The next time, a ticket.

There was a recent case where a bicyclist was stopped. Apparently the bicyclist was a tweaker and thought a methedrine powered bike could outrun the cops. When finally apprehended there was a little more than a no-light warning involved.

Reply to
rbowman

I didn't know that, thanks. Turns out one 20g corn tortilla has 1 gram of protein:

AMuzi

Corn is not a good food to eat. However, BigMed and BigPharma sure love their corn/carbohydrate cash-cow.

Reply to
Microsoft Bob

Masa harina, the flour used for tortillas, is a slight improvement. The dent corn is processed with slaked lime, freeing up the niacin, similar to hominy.

BigAg likes their corn too. You'd have to go back to Earl Butz to see the turnaround in US agricultural policy that radically increased corn production in an attempt to keep food cheap.

Reply to
rbowman

No, you have it wrong. The price was much lower. If ethanol had any effect, any increase, it was small compared to the lowering effect of the corn imported from the US.

Reply to
Micky