New Built-In Dishwasher Height

I have a rental unit and it is time for the old Hotpoint to go. However, the underside of the counter is 33.5" and the new units that I have shopped seem to be 34.5". Can some one lead me to a solution that does not include ripping out the counter? Preferreably a built in that is only 33.5"H. The width of 23.5-24" still seems to be std.
Thanks, Larry

The shortest height opening for a dishwasher I've seen is for the Equator brand which according to its installation instructions (page 17) needs as little as 32-3/8" of clearance.
http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?usrserfulstai.html
Installation Instructions http://www.equatoronline.com/ownman/Dishwashers.pdf
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+dishwasher
=~~~~~~
Can been seen from above link.
You can see many of the manufactures site all from on place... http://www.appliance411.com/links/Appliance_Brands / Know what you're looking for? Get right to the manufacturer's web site.

Including installation, $600-$700 is more that I had hoped to spend on a rental unit dishwasher. Wow.
I wonder if leveler adjustments would make for allowances in the stated heights. Hmmm. Any thoughts there? Also, do you know of any sites that have good comparative reviews of different mfg and models, plus reliability histories?
As long as I am asking, why not shoot for Mars?? LarryB

Hi,
The legs will adjust on all built in d/w's....but your right most have a min height of 34&3/4 inches or 34 inches and will adjust up to 35-36 inches. Maybe if the legs where removed it would be low enough? GE example... http://products.geappliances.com/ProdContent/Dispatcher?REQUEST=ITEMID&itemid50351
Some consumer opinions can be found from below.... http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Large_Appliances-All-Dishwashers
I've been looking for a small dishwasher to put in my bar and found several import units (of questionable quality) that were quite small but domestically the only one I've found so far is Amana. They are 33-1/4" if you omit the top trim strip, otherwise 33-1/2".
www.amana.com/docs/US%20English/ Brochures/amana-dishwasher.pdf
RB
Larry B. wrote:

Thanks RB, I checked out Amana and its built ins have a min height of 33-3/4". See
http://www.amana.com/docs/US%20English/Manuals/010011.pdf
However, removing the levels might buy 1/4". I am not sure about what the top trim suggestion is about. I may have to see one to know.
Thanks a lot!!
The earlier suggestion about seeing if the floor drops below that the unit is a good one. I'll ck for a kickplate.Thanks.
LarryB

Here's the foot note from Amana's documentation.
**For models ADB1200A and ADB2200A only, height without top trim strip is 33 1?2 (85.1)min.,35 1?4 (89.5)max.; height with top trim strip is 33 3?4 (85.7)min.,35 1?4 (89.5)max. *To order custom wood or stainless steel
Good luck.
RB
Larry B wrote:

Hi RB, that's great!!
Thanks!! Larry

Have you removed the bottom panel fromthe old dishwasher. There may be a step down in the flooring to give you clearance but getting the new one in and old one out could be difficult. I bet if you remove the bottom panel you will find that the flooring stopped under the dishwasher.

I hope not!! If that is the case, I WILL have to remove the countertop to get it out!
LarryB

Go to your local lumber supply and look for a piece of molding that matches your cabinets on either side - fill in the openings with that molding. The prefinished kind looks OK, but if you can finish, might match yourcabinets better. Or, go different and make the molding look like part of the washer installation. Been there, done that, works good, lasts long time (WGLLT). POP

Hey Pop, that is how this one is installed. I hope to re-use the molding. Thx