New Bathtub Leak

Hi, We had our upstairs and downstairs bathrooms gutted and redone in the last month. When taking a shower in the upstairs bathroom, the downstairs bathtub drain gurgles and the tub fills up with some water, but no ceiling leak. When taking a bath upstairs, a leak has developed on the downstairs ceiling. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Dunzley

Reply to
Dunzley

And what day next week is the contractor coming out to remedy these faults??

It does *not* sound like a venting issue, for one. The contractor will be familiar with the layout of the drains and should be able to resolve the backup.

The leak thru the ceiling may be as simple as a tub shoe gasket not sealing. Again, he will know what access there is to correct it.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim