NEW BATHROOM VANITY

I am replacing our old bathroom vanity with a new very expensive one. Our piping is coming up through the floor, water supply, and drain. When I installed the old unit I just cut an opening on the floor of the cabinet in order to have access to the area below and allow space for installation of the pipes to the sink above. Since the new unit is rather pricey, I am wondering if you have any suggestions as to how I can install this and keep the inside bottom of the vanity looking nice. On the old unit I cut a square and fit a piece of material with cut outs for the piping. The piping coming out of the wall is not an option, so it will need to be cut under neath again. I am thinking of saving the piece I cut out and someway supporting it with brackets or clamps after cutouts are made.. In all probability I will do this exactly as the first was done, however I am seeking some food for thought.. Many thanks

Reply to
jimmy

Why not just cut openings for the pipes in the floor directly, using a piece of paper that you measure and mark as a template. Or, copy the holes in the existing vanity onto a piece of paper and use that as your pattern for cutting holes in the new vanity bottom. You should be able to do this within a 1/4 inch of perfect, then caulk around the pipes when you are done. THis is too simple to make it into such a big thing.

Reply to
hrhofmann

JOE When I stated (NOT AN OPTION) I surely meant that, due to construction below it just wont work, of course I could remove the entire wall, floor, and support beams under neath, however due to recently having all 4" cast iron drains replaced with ABS, along with the 1-1/4" copper tubing drains..in no way am I about to make changes like you suggest... but thanks anyway

BOB I could do that rather easily, however since there is already an opening I would like to keep a visual option below just by chance a leak would develop. If I do what you propose I would need to lower the vanity onto the pipes and not have the visual option., as I mentioned I am still considering using what I cutout to do what you suggest, with the option of being able to remove it with ease... Thanks also

Reply to
jimmy

The only other thing to do is to put right-angle fittings on the pipes right where they come thru the floor and route them to the back behind the vanity, then another set of right-angle bends and then run them upwards to whatever height you need to bring them into the vanity.

Reply to
hrhofmann