New Bathroom plumbing question

I am contemplating moving the first floor bathroom in my home. Unfortunately the place where I would like to move it to is in the opposite corner of the house from the main soil stack (in fact all the plumbing in my house is on the rear wall and the new bathroom will be at the front of the house).
My question is, if I have a plumber put in a whole new sewer connection (I am assuming this is my only option) in this corner of the house, does the new main stack vent have to go straight up to the roof or could it have a 14ft horizontal run before going up to the roof?
I realize that codes vary from place to place but if long horizontal runs in the main vent is just a general "no way" then I will have to rethink my whole plan.
Norm
Norm wrote:

I don't see why you couldn't do this. I assume this run will be up in the attic and that you just don't want a vent terminal spoiling the roof appearance in the front of the house.
You might want to chat with the city inspector before too long, to get his input on what other requirements they may have which will apply to this project. Good to get this before you are in too deep...
Jim
With the inception of the International Building Code there is very little variability. What little variability there is only comes from what the local jurisdiction may amend in the code, and in most places, the amendments are minimal. California is one exception to this rule. They haven't adopted the international code and it doesn't appear they will be.