New age of faucet repair parts

I just learned something recently that no doubt many already know, bear with me if you are one of those. Over the years when a faucet needed repairs I just went to the local hardware store and got the parts. that situation no longer applies because of the lifetime warranty most mfgrs now give.
Because of this changing situation parts are now generally not available and one must dial the mfgr 800 number to get the parts sent free.
What that means is that you must save your installation brochure and receipt in order to tell the mfgr what the model number is as it is not imprinted on the faucet.
That was my surprise as I save most everything but not faucet papers. Also the warranty is "limited" to the original owner so the paper/receipt should stay with the property. Blue
<snip>

I was lucky because I saved the box the faucet came in and it had the model number. If I didn't, you're right it would have been much harder!
The Price Pfister site has diagrams of their hardware and exploded views for part identification. I was able to find the correct handle and named the color and had it in hand about 2 weeks later. No request for receipt.
On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 23:06:50 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nyc.rr.com (Curly Sue) wrote:

What brand do you have? Moen has only one cartridge that will fit every kitchen faucet they make and it is readily available in Home Depot or my local hardware store.
You make a good point and it is worth checking before you buy a new model. I'd hate to have to wait days, or even weeks, for a factory part.
I took a Delta cartridge to my Local HD, showed it to the guy, and he just gave me an exact new replacement (in exchange for the old one) with no charge, and no asking for receipt. Since these units are guaranteed for life, they don't really care, as long as they carry that brand. They usually get a stock of replacement supplies from the manufacturer,. and they can trade the defective parts for new replacements themselves. It usually depends on the staff.. If they feel like teeing you off, they will ask for a receipt, otherwise, they don't care.

with
and
receipt
on