New AC, Damp vents and walls??

I live in Texas and had a goodman system put in place and the unit does not cool as promise and I notice the metal vents seem to have water drops forming and the walls seem slightly damp. My home is 1300 SQFT and the guy installed a 5 ton 10 SEER AC unit for a good price, I was told the bigger one will cool my house much faster and run less saving and was equal to a 14 seer unit due to the extra tons and short run times. The unit does run short as promisd and my home is 72 but somehow it feels hot and I suspect the thermostat is not connected right. Anyone know what could be the issue? he claims I might have structual issues which I doubt since my house is insulated and has tinted windows in he will not cover it period.

Reply to
Queke

It is not the equipment it was the oversizing of it to 5-Tons on a mere

1300 sq/ft! It appears there is not enough airflow to handle 5-tons of cooling It takes long run time cycles to bring the humidity down. Short run-time cycles with over-sized units?is an economic disaster!

Everything he told you was wrong headed! He should have to make it right! udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

Assuming this is a legit post, my first guess would be is the AC is way oversized! A WAG would be no more than three tons. Did your installer use any calculations to come up with the size of the AC, or did he just guess! Also a 10 SEER does not become a 14 SEER just because it is oversized so it runs less! It is just a 10 SEER that runs less! In fact you are probaby getting less than 10 SEER, because of the short run times.

Your problems... Way too large of unit. Short running times, no humidity removal. High humidity makes the home feel warmer. You got bent over with the 10 SEER/14 SEER deal. If you want a 14 SEER, buy a 14 SEER.

To ensure the AC is properly sized the installer needs to use some sort of load calculating program. Anything else gets you what you got! Was this installer the lowest bidder? Greg

Reply to
Greg O

I have to admit it is difficult to take this seriously. Everything is so wrong. Could there actually be someone out there selling and installing this stuff and be that bad?

If your message is for real, I suggest you consider consulting an attorney to see what your rights are in this total screw up. You were taken for a ride.

Over sizing a unit will cause short cycles, poor cooling (clammy) increased operating expense etc.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan