Never Bury Electrical Cable

Page 1 of 2

Never Bury Electrical Cable. Not even the type intended for that purpose such as UF cable. The soil is dirty, and you will end up getting dirty power going to the building served by this cable. Dirty power is destructive to electronics and other devices.
Always hang wires in the clean fresh air and you will always have clean and fresh power.
Mark
If you believe this, I am selling the United States of America to the highest bidder. Please Start Bidding Now !!!! :) :) :)
<LOL>

...and don't forget to hang them so the electricity runs downhill.
You don't know how many times I've see a power cable run from a pole, up to the roof of a home. The folks complain that the lights flicker. What do they expect, having to push the power up the cable. Would have been much better to mount it to the house between the first and second floors!

Nonsense. If you put those kid protector plugs in empty outlets, it improves the pressure in the whole system by preventing dripping of unused electricity. Then, it doesn't matter if the outside wire runs up or downhill.
I DONT want the US at any price!!
Its damaged goods mired in Iraq, with a complete idiot as president:(
Who would want to buy something like that.

Investors who can see beyond two years.
RicodJour wrote:

Yep. It's a great "fixer-upper" if the price is right...
Bob

Well, 12-16 million illegal aliens think they've got it figured out. Most of the rest of us know we've got something good when everybody else wants a piece of it.

Yes, but you failed to mention that you would need to check for the rated pressure that the line to the house can handle.
Like a pressure washer if the line is not rated to handle that much pressure guess what??? You have water all over the place and a wild hose trying to slap you silly.
Now just think what would happen if your incoming power line did that.
You know how some people are they would try to pick up (steal) some free power laying all over the street and when they get slapped silly by the line flying around they will want to sue you.......
JMHO...

I actually saw that happen this summer. It was on a high voltage line, and that escaping power really made a lot of noise. I think about what might have happened if I was walking on the wrong side of the street.

Noozer wrote:

Nonsense. It's the other way around. What we call electricity is really dark suckers and dark is heavier than light. Therefore is runs down the wires much easier.
"Dark has mass. When dark goes into a dark sucker, friction from the mass generates heat. Thus, it is not wise to touch an operating dark sucker (depending on its power). Candles present a special problem as the mass must travel into a solid wick instead of through clear glass. This generates a great amount of heat and therefore it is unwise to touch an operating candle."
Dark is heavier than light. If you were to swim just below the surface of the lake, you would see a lot of light. If you were to slowly swim deeper and deeper, you would notice it getting darker and darker. When you get really deep, you would be in total darkness. This is because the heavier dark sinks to the bottom of the lake and the lighter light floats at the top. The is why it is called light.
It's not really a concern. I have an "uninteruptable power supply" that provides clean power.
snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

Only if you remember to change the filter regularly.

snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

You didn't know? B4 you bury the cable you have to check the Ph of the soil and sanitize it, LOL!

Sanitize your brain too, so it doesn't pick up any defective electrons And watch out for the dreaded allpox :-)
Sam E wrote:

I wear tip foil hat, LOL!
just get an electricity pump and proplem solved.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

you guys are hilarious- really gave me a good laugh- obviously too many of us have too much time on their hands. Thanks -an electical engineer
snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

Another great suggestion but probably will not help at my house. My electricity can't make up it's mind. It changes directions about 60 thousand times a second.

Umm... Hertz, not KiloHertz. 60 cycles per second.
snipped-for-privacy@mail.uri.edu says...

120 times per second.
--
Keith