Neighbors Shed

Corinne wrote:

Ask them. It is far easier to avoid a conflict to begin with than to try to resolve one after you caused a problem. So they say no, at least you didn't cause a fued. If it is 'no' then you proceed with other solutions mutually agreed upon. Get the authorities involved only if you can't resolve it in a friendly way.
Check zoning, check with city, etc...? Why. Likely to cause problems and if the shed isn't bothering you why do that?
Harry K

I have a neighbor directly behind me that put up her own wood fence to block her view my wood fence. Over the years mine has weathered grey. She is a priss to wants it to look brand new. None of the pickets are broken on mine. She just is fussy.
clipped

My parents had a great lot, with empty wooded lots on both sides. The neighbor directly in back had a junky looking metal shed, painted dark green. My mom didn't want to see or be seen in the Florida room, didn't like the shed, and solved the problem with landscaping. Shrubs and trees blocked direct line of sight to each back neighbor, the critters wandered through from the empty lots, and it was a great place to enjoy surroundings. Fox, racoons, possum, burrowing owls, gopher tortoise, occasional scorpion and snake. Neighbors were kind and watched out for each other but kept respectful distance. Even the racoons were polite :o)
Depends on how good you are at dodging bullets !!!!

I'm not sure. Can I paint your house without getting your approval first?

My old neighbor complained I hdnt cleaned up my yard:( Of course it was still winter and had snowed that weekend.
She pointed out her yard was clean, of course she had hired workers:(
I didnt cut my rear yard till the 4th of july:)
She NEVER complained about anything again.
I would plant a nice row of evergreens or something. Gives you privacy, lessens noise and green is more acctractive then shed fence or other man made junk.
Plus since its in your property you dont have to ask permission or do anything else.