Neighbors from hell

What one horse town do you live in? Toadsuck Ark???

Reply to
G Henslee

I asked nothing. "I announced my displeasure as I walked off and commented as to the legality of burning in the city." I then went and tried to call the fire dept., "but the non-emergency # was disconnected." I didnt want to call 911 to report a non-emergency violation. Luckily the fire was extinguished and that cemented my decision to blow it off.

Reply to
MattMika

Let me get this straight.

a) Having the fire department come out was important enough to spend the fire department's time and probably the city's tax dollars but not more important than putting off the things you had to do for a few minutes?

b) You asked the guy to stop and he did. You then, after he stopped, tried to call the fire department on him?

Reply to
William.Deans

You could move into a city...

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

Assuming that the problem isn't ficticious, it's probably because the electric company won't hook them up, for any of a number of reasons.

--Goedjn

Reply to
Goedjn

I had neighbors who used to start with their rock and roll band at around midnight. When I called the sheriff to find out if I had any right to sleep at night they told me they were not willing to go over there and risk getting shot. Well, I was not going to go over there unarmed but if I went over there armed and had to defend myself then I would have been to blame for going over there armed in the first place. Some people it's just better to not try to talk to. Keep in mind that I had gang members move in next door to me and I was perfectly willing to go over there and ask them to turn it down or keep their dogs out of my back yard etc.

Then again, the OP never posted again.

Sure, everyone needs a place to live but it's a lot nicer if we can attain certain minimum standards of living. If they were just "s*****ng in a bucket" then I'd say yuck, but OTOH if the bucket was actually part of a composting process and the pile was done properly so it didn't stink and attract flies then OK. But there is a difference.

Ulysses

Completely plausable. I know people who would act like this and do in other ways torment the neighbors. Then again, the OP never posted again.

Everyone needs a place to live, even trashy people living off the grid. I hope the OP at least started with negotiation to mitigate the noise (offer to build a generator shed out of an old dog house) before resorting to getting angry.

Reply to
PipeDown

Who says they are paying $3/gallon? Maybe they are siphoning it out of people's cars. It might be worth spending some time spying, err, observing them so see if they are into any such illegal activities, doccumenting them, and then get the law after them.

If you can't get the law to help on the immediate problems (noise, etc), then use the law to get them in another way!

Reply to
Calvin Henry-Cotnam