Neighbor won't replace fence

Page 2 of 3
I think if you were to contact your attorney , he would tell you that 'there are no laws on this type of thing' . Your neighbor isnt obligated to replace anything which is on his property or...put up anything that fell down. If you want a fence for your pool, then, its you who will have to provide it. Get a cheap one for now, then a better one later.
Dave
Get your fence installed, and then worry about the legalities. It is much simpler and cheaper than dealing with a neighbor kid wandering in....
[snip]

Then YOU need to erect a fence. It's not your *neighbor's* responsibility to provide a fence for *your* pool.
clipped

It is relatively simple. You are most likely required to have a fence of certain dimensions on account of your pool. She may be required to have a fence on account of the daycare. Call state/county to find out daycare license requirements. Then have her cited. Just make sure she will have to get the fence up before your are required to if the inspector cites you. I wouldn't turn a hazard into a game of chicken, I'd get the fence up in a hurry.

owner
Call your realtor and tell them you want your money back and your moving. This will get the ball rolling. Fences are put on property lines in my experience. You need a plot map which you should have gotten with your closing papers. If the fence is on the property line then it is the sellers responsibly to provide what you saw on the walk through. See line one.
Got an HOA? call them.
Call an attorney and go that route if the neighbor is unwilling to deal with it.
Personally I would do line one. Your in for a rough time in my opinion with the "Neighbor from Hell" I recently moved because of that.

So his neighbor is automatically the "neighbor from hell" because HE hasn't asked if she'll go in halfers? What convoluted logic.
Yes, it would be nice if she splits the cost, but it's not her responsibility. I'd say she's extra kind if she does split the cost.
1. In my area, unlike some of the other postings, fences are not on the property line.
2. You applied for a new insurance policy before you closed on the house, right? (If you got a mortgage, you almost certainly did.) You would have had to tell them there was a pool. And they would have asked about a fence. You are walking on ice that is not only thin, but melting fast.
3. Most codes will not allow you to put up an ugly fence. In most cases, you must put the "attractive" side facing your neighbor, i.e. the framing is on you side, the solid stockade is on her side.
4. If you can do chain link fencing, you can actually rent it quite inexpensively. That would save you some upfront costs and, if your code allows chain link (most do) then that may be ugly enough for her to put up a decent fence. (Then you can stop renting the chain link fence and enjoy her new one.
You don't even want to know how many children drown in pools each year. And if you are even suburban, let alone rural - you now have the neighborhood's largest drinking pool for all of you four-legged friends. Shine your flashlight out there tonight.

closing, the

yard
previous owner

neighbor, who

lawyer
neighbor
closed on

purposes.
properties)
a large

teacher,
suddenly
can
build a

ones,
of how

bill wrote:
> 3. Most codes will not allow you to put up an ugly fence. In most

I believe the safety requirement for a fence around a pool will trump the ugly fence rule, temporarily. Then the neighbors can negotiate a permanent solution.
Bob

the
owner
who
lawyer
neighbor
on
purposes.
properties)
large
teacher,
suddenly
You had better be concerned. You do not want to be liable for one of those brats the rest of your life.

can
build a

ones,
If there is one thing I have learned about christian neighbors, delusion.
Plant vines next to your bright orange fence and grin at her when they start to spread allover the place. Violet goes great with orange.

of how

The laws are good if you can steal enough money to pay for them.
Death to the christian jew cop government.

Is that a LICENSED daycare she's running?
BB
In Texas a daycare is required to have a fence as well, How about yours?????????
Dennis
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 17:18:06 GMT, BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com wrote:

Dennis Russell 214-797-0480 tx_superintendentATyahoo.com change the AT to @ The cheapest is rarely the best.

Yes,someone's loose pitbull (or other breed)could decide to have one of them for a chew toy.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

Well, the parents already treat them as throw-aways.

It sounds as though the previous owner got the use of the neighbors old fence free of charge. That doesn't mean you'll also get use of the potential new fence free of charge.

Unless she is required to put a fence up (daycare?) it is totally your responsibility to enclose your pool.

She can pocket the insurance money. It's hers. The money doesn't have to be used for a fence.

The law states that you must have a pool fence. The law does not require her to do anything.
Well, what is the local ordinance in your area? Do you have to fence in your pool by ordinance or law?
If so, you also have to realize that your mortgage company can do one of two things if they find that you are not in compliance with local ordinance, thereby jeopardizing their collateral. They can:
1: Advance the cost of the fence to bring you into compliance and add the amount to your existing mortgage; or
2: Accelerate the mortgage loan.
If you're stuck, you may want to approach your mortgage company and see what they may have to offer in the line of ideas or financing.
Building a privacy fence isn't that hard, but the materials aren't cheap either, but are nothing compared to the labor costs of hiring it done.
Your final alternative is to just sell the house and get out. Next time, make sure what you see is yours when you buy and not someone neighbor's.
YOUR pool. ??
YOUR obligation to fence it in.
wrote:

<rj>

Not complicated at all. You have to put up a fence. And you better do it quick with the pool or your neighbor might report you and you could get fined.
NEVER FORGET!!! http://www.cnn.com/interactive/us/0109/missing/files/toyen.amy.html

One more thing. If you put in your own fence, make sure it is completely on your side of the property line..THEN paint their side of the fence some ungodly color..if they touch it-sue them. If they don't they will put up their own fence anyway.
NEVER FORGET!!! http://www.cnn.com/interactive/us/0109/missing/files/toyen.amy.html

It's very simple. Her fence blew down. You're required to have a fence. You have no rights to force her to do anything with her property for your benefit. Bitch, moan, but put up your own damned fence.
Jeff

I'm amazed that people can't work out neighbor issues themselves. You post to a newsgroup before even talking to your neighbor?
I had a neighbor that just moved in a couple of months ago, and obviously they were busy doing this and that, moving in, unpacking, etc, but during this time, they really let their lawn go. We had a LOT of rain this spring, and their grass was at least a foot long. When I saw him outside, I didn't go running up to him demanding he cut his lawn otherwise face legal or condo association action, I kidded around asking if he wanted to rent my lawn mower for the weekend. He laughed and said no, he had one. But he got my point, and a couple of days later, his lawn was cut. We're friendly to each other, I wasn't a dick about it, and he did his neighborly duty.
Explain the situation. Explain that you can't afford but an ugly orange plastic fence, and see if she'd be willing to go 50/50 in with a nice fence that you both can decide upon.
The other issue seems to be is that you've already become house poor if you cannot afford a fence at this time. Perhaps you bought a house beyond your means?