Neighbor's toilet rocks when flushing

Older tank model? Water swirls around all on one side so it makes toioet sway.
Floor within 18" of toiletbase is very soft.
In belched:

It's full of shit, much like yourself.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com;3116998 Wrote: > Older tank model? Water swirls around all on one side so it makes toioet > sway.

The first order of business is to find out why the floor around the toilet is very soft. Could it be that the wood underlayment around the toilet is rotted?
--
nestork

On Wed, 4 Sep 2013 18:06:12 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Bolts are loose from cast iron or plastic flange. Rotted floor is soft, so that makes it worse and since it's loose, water is probably leaking around the wax ring which rots the floor more. I'd tell this to your neighbor and suggest he fix it before it gets real bad and someone puts their foot thru the floor. It happens! Not to mention that the cost to repair it will get higher as the underlayment and sub-floor rots away.
At the very least, it should be unbolted, install a new wax ring, and rebolt it, so it's tight. But if it was mine, I'd replace the bad part of the floor right away too, otherwise it will have to be taken up a second time.