Neighbor's toilet rocks when flushing

Older tank model? Water swirls around all on one side so it makes toioet sway.

Floor within 18" of toiletbase is very soft.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

In news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com belched:

It's full of shit, much like yourself.

Reply to
ChairMan

The first order of business is to find out why the floor around the toilet is very soft. Could it be that the wood underlayment around the toilet is rotted?

Reply to
nestork

Bolts are loose from cast iron or plastic flange. Rotted floor is soft, so that makes it worse and since it's loose, water is probably leaking around the wax ring which rots the floor more. I'd tell this to your neighbor and suggest he fix it before it gets real bad and someone puts their foot thru the floor. It happens! Not to mention that the cost to repair it will get higher as the underlayment and sub-floor rots away.

At the very least, it should be unbolted, install a new wax ring, and rebolt it, so it's tight. But if it was mine, I'd replace the bad part of the floor right away too, otherwise it will have to be taken up a second time.

Reply to
mancave