Neighbor problem (long)

Ask him if he needs some help moving the carpet and patio doors, and getting rid of the broken snow-blowers etc. Tell him if he rents the truck you'll help him load it.

Then if you want to be narsty, leave it up to him to empty and return the truck!!

Reply to
clare

Heck, that's not bad- half an hour with a pickup truck and it's all at the dump. Even if you have to rent a truck it's cheaper than getting ulcers or high blood pressure over it.

Reply to
clare

I gotta agree unless there is something else.

Jim

Reply to
JimT

That's an excellent rule and is applicable in almost all cases.

The one in which it's not is where the offender is overwhelmed and devastated by the first blow. It's the escalation that's expensive, time consuming, and worrisome.

For example:

  • Suppose it turns out that the "weeds" covering his back yard were really Marijuana plants with a street value in excess of ,000? (If there's a lack of Marijuana seeds in your neighborhood, the California pot-shops will know.)

  • A pile of illegal fireworks, over 0 worth, is found under a tarp in his back yard. The police come to search based on an anonymous tip. This could work for any number of things, such as a stolen gun found under the front seat of his car.

And so on...

Reply to
HeyBub

Yep. Sam's Club, FedEx Office, and other places can blow up a digital photo to poster size for a small amount - around $5.00. A picture that size has MUCH more impact than a dozen photo-album-sized ones.

Reply to
HeyBub

Grammar police are really bewildered why people say "WHOM" when it should be "WHO"....responded to you. If you say it aloud, it sounds totally weird. So why use it in writing? Supposed to be more "elegant"???

GB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

On 4/29/2011 1:14 PM, Carmen Troyer wrote:

We have suffered for years with a good neighbor as far as character and conduct. however he has tons of old junk on hos property. Two neighbors did move away because of it. For thirty years we have tried but no one will buy because of it. That would be the only financial way we could afford to. Tried to get help from City several times. But it is good ole boy stuff and he is related to most everybody. he is just exercising his property rights. We get along and welcome talking with him. He has made several deliberate insults or call it what you may like this last one. He parked a trailer with an old ambulance body on it across from our Living room window and entry door. It is bait to get me to say something. We keep the blinds closed and try to make the most of it. I seldom go out into the yard because it has become so grating. It tears at my soul to be baited like this and at the same time he seems so nice. It has caused us a lot of economic hardship and contributed to both of our health problems. If I say anything it will just make us look like villains or something. There is no way out for us. We are stuck here but with good neighbors. We have suffered enough. I guess we will figure a way to just buy something else and live there as best we can and maintain this place at the same time. Our place has deteriorated over time because we weren't able to sell a the times we should have and health is gone now. 'm not sure who's winning in this game this guy or... It certainly isn't us. What really sucks is knowing that he is perhaps not really friendly and is just waiting for me to blow my lid about the abuse which won't do anything.

Reply to
Lil Abner

Is he dealing drugs out of the house? Does he have loud drunken parties with tweakers and bikers? Does he have a wood burning stove that fills your house with smoke all winter? Does he have people living in a trailer who dump their bodily waste on your property line? Has he threatened you?

No? Then MYOB. Seriously. If you want to live in a pristine neighborhood where people stick their nose up your business go somewhere with a HOA.

As it is, you've got a harmless guy with some junk. As far as neighbors go, that's pretty far down on the "bad neighbor" list.

Check yourself, and count your blessings.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

You're full of s---. This is R1 He was not grandfathered as agricultural but all of a sudden some years ago it was. Agricultural doesn't mean junkyards in front, of your house. It was pristine when we moved here. Everyone is unhappy with it but just goes along. Rest assured if we tried something like that we would have all kinds of problems. Perhaps you would likea junkyard across from your front door or more than likely you live in one.

Reply to
Lil Abner

Judging from the tone of your reply, it's pretty easy to see who has the problem here.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Judging by the tone of your reply it simple to understand you have a problem. You just don't step on your neighbors. You don't cause neighbors financial harm. You don't turn the neighborhood into a dump. I don't know why I even replied to such an attitude. plonk

Reply to
Lil Abner

Hi, In every neighborhood there is a neighnorhood police man. When I had 30 ft. 5th wheel camping trailer and Ford Super cab truck, a guy next door over behind one day came over knocking my door. When I open the door it was him, asking me to pay him 700 bucks to plant trees in his back yard to block he ugly view of my rig. I just slammed the door to his face without a word. He moved away soon after. My rig is long gone as well.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

You're correct, "That's not bad", if you don't mind rodents. I've seen the mice, and he's complained of ant problems. Lord knows carpet holds moisture, which ants love. Maybe in due time he'll be infested and he'll get chased out. I'll get a picture of the back yard with the snowblowers, or with the trailer parked in the front yard.

I'll be darned if I ever have to pick up after grown ups, even my 4 yr old knows enough to pick up after himself.

Reply to
Carmen Troyer

Sorry about hitting the trailer park pig nerve.

Reply to
burton roberts

Carmen Troyer disgraced "alt.home.repair" on Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:40:55

-0400 by spewing:

Post the photos all over the net, and make a Facebook fan site just for him. Advertise the site to your neighbors. Buy ad space in the local paper for your photos.

That might do it.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Don't know why you chose to chime in with apples when talking oranges. I won't speculate about motives beyond what observed. Several neighbors have RV's and boats. They don't have a junk yards. I won't mistreat him or anything. Matter of fact we may invite him to barbecue. It's hard to deal with these situations without causing hard feelings etc. So far two moved away because of it, some time ago. We continue to keep our blinds closed and grin and bear it. I wonder if you would have such forbearance. the harms mentioned are real. It's fine as long as we have to tolerate. It is not fine when you have to. What is right for one is right for everyone else. I am not permitted to and have no desire to cause such problems. Here, in southern Ky we do things different.

Reply to
Lil Abner

first i dont believe its a very big mess, but he can offer to take stuff to dump, frankly it wouldnt bother me.

a percentage of people will get mad with any comment......

and call police for every little thing. their dog pooped in my yard, their dog barks a lot, their kid ran thru my flowers, their kid picked some of my prize begonias, they ran their lawnmower too early or too late inb the day, its been too long since they cut their grass yeah its rained for 3 straight weeks but I had mine cut., their bushes are over the local stated max heigth, the car in their driveways tags expired 2 weeks ago, are they running a home business? what laws are being broken? they have a wasps nest under their yard planter, their downspout water reaches my yard in a 100 year storm, well now their downspout water goes to the curb, no longer to my yard:) but isnt it illegal to run water near street? they really need a drywell properly installed and inspected. A electrician was at their home for 1/2 a day last week, did they get a electricial permit? their sidewalks snow hasnt been shoeveled its been over 24 hours, yeah I heard they are out of town a family member died unexpectedly thats sad but does that relieve them of the responsiblity to clear their sidewalk? The fine is

100 bucks? well you must cite them we want a safe neighborhood. Their kids swimming pool pump motor is too loud be sure to bring a DB meter, the noise is keeping me up at night, whats the fine for that, and dont they need a fence? year its only a wading pool but its called a pool for safety dont they need a fence? The neighbor is replacing some deck boards, doesnt he need a building permit and inspection? The permit is 200 bucks? well we want a safe neighborood, and BTW he added some steps on the side, isnt there a sewer eastment there? did he get his property surveyed like he is supposed too? yep its only 3 steps but its the principle of the thing. Some of his kids are visiting and they set up their camper in the driveway, is that allowed? Their new porch light shines in my bedroom window, this must end immediately. Their motion senor lights trigger when dear walk thru the area, its very annoying and besides they are feeding the deer creating a attractive nuisance, I winged a dear last night thats your fault since you are feeding them the damages to my vehicle are 1500 bucks pay immediately or I will see you in court.

neighborhood wars are well best avoided!!!

Reply to
bob haller

Tell him you want your weiner & STFU,PRICK !! Nobody moved away because of him, Retard Bitch !!!

Jr

Jerry - OHIO

Abner, get real. If you couldn't sell your house in 30 years, you were asking too much for it. Plain and simple. Up until the last 8 years, there was a housing boom. Even if you took a loss, it would be gained back in 30 years. I ain't buyin' your BS.

Also, why would anybody stay there if it is that bad and causing you and your wife health problems?

You are so full of shit, I can smell you from the other NG's.

Hank

Reply to
Hank

In the realm of litter and messes, that is not much ... plant a couple of small trees, lilacs, hedge, and forget about it.

Reply to
norminn