Neighbor problem - dog mess

Shitty deal huh.

Reply to
G Henslee

Actually, I could give a shit less...

Reply to
G Henslee

Oh, okay. Well now that you've clarified the issue, you should open fire on both of them with a fully automatic weapon.

Reply to
G Henslee

"Mark" wrote

They are most surely worth what they charge.

Reply to
SteveB

yes, too much of anything can be bad.

Reply to
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

sometimes twice that!

Reply to
Philip Lewis

it would seem to be consuming you, or you'd not reply.

Reply to
AllEmailDeletedImmediately

no. as she squats, i put a section of newspaper under her butt. then i can just pick it up and put it in a plastic shopping bag. i get all of it; a shovel wouldn't.

nope, just experience (and a wee bit of common sense). remember, there are those on this ng who think that all dogs crap the same size.

Reply to
AllEmailDeletedImmediately

pot - kettle - black

Not in the least. I'm merely hurling shit at this stupidly shitty subject. As with most of the "neighbor problems" shit that gets 'dropped' here, the majority stem from some little shit that's too chickenshit (in this case dogshit) to approach the shitbag neighbor in the first place.

It's a shitty job but somebody has to do it.

oh, and if you don't like it - eat shit

Reply to
G Henslee

"Experience" with shit? That and the *wee* bit of common sense are obvious.

This shit is consuming you.

Reply to
G Henslee

See:

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Hahaha...that's great!

Kendall

Reply to
Kendall P. Bullen

On a leash. Thats what dogs do when you walk them; it is not much fun for them in the road. I don't see what harm it does, so if that makes me liberal...

Reply to
toller

Best idea yet. He obviously doesn't have a fenced yard and keeps the dog inside. After dealing with a wet dog a few times, he will find it is easier to restrain the dog in his own yard.

Reply to
Andy Asberry

I can't believe this article still continues on.

Look... the whole point here is that everyone needs to do what is "right". If you follow much of the advice, you're no better than the guy, possibly worse.

Start off by talking to him.

I know, seems strange, just might work. "Hey dude, I'd appreciate it if you didn't let your cute little puppy have bowel movements in my yard."

If that doesn't work, there are legal methods you can use to get things taken care of. IF the guy does not stop at this point, it is THEN obvious that he has no respect for others, probably not himself, and needs to be politely taught a lesson. By flaming delivery maybe.

Reply to
Oddity

I missed your point. You don't see what harm what does?

I used to live in a condo. I used to walk my Corgi on a leash. One day, a fellow was "walking" his pit bull. No leash. A friend of mine's Scottish terrier was killed in the same condo complex by a Mastiff that was being "walked" with no leash. The Scotty was on a leash.

"Walking" your dog can mean all sorts of things. Some people put them on a treadmill, and call that walking.

Vietnamese people even have a book on the subject of what they think of dogs. It is titled, "Wokking your dog."

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Believe it.

G Henslee

I've been thinking the same thing. Why would anyone want to escalate this into a pissing contest that might cause long-term feuding and possible legal ramifications? Here's a novel idea: try to discuss it amicablly.

If the neighbor is unresponsive, then I would start documenting and get the authorities involved. There have been a few other suggestions that would work without lowering yourself to the neighbor's level. Small wire fencing (around a foot high) or some other edging to the yard would keep dogs out. To some the fencing would be worse than the crap. The motion-sensor sprinkler is a good idea. It's not terribly subtle, but probably effective.

mark __________________________ Mark Cato snipped-for-privacy@andrew.cmu.edu

Reply to
Mark Cato

I'm sorry. Do we need your permission to continue this discussion?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Shit no! Keep shovelin' But thanks for asking.

Reply to
G Henslee