Neighbor problem - dog mess

Page 4 of 5

dog's
it would seem to be consuming you, or you'd not reply.
AllEmailDeletedImmediately wrote:

pot - kettle - black
Not in the least. I'm merely hurling shit at this stupidly shitty subject. As with most of the "neighbor problems" shit that gets 'dropped' here, the majority stem from some little shit that's too chickenshit (in this case dogshit) to approach the shitbag neighbor in the first place.
It's a shitty job but somebody has to do it.
oh, and if you don't like it - eat shit

I've seen cocker spaniels that have turds bigger than some large dogs.

And what do you do if their dog has diarrhea? B-)
(faint attempt at humor)
One last note;the "return the owner's crap" method involves you,a non-dog owner,in cleanup of someone elses dog crap.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

then the poor thing was getting really crappy, cheap food. even with good food, my dog's piles are too large to scoop, so i have to catch it.
and i'm not talking about the actual pile size. i'm talking turd diameter. the exit hole of a cocker spaniel is much smaller than that of a great dane. if they're both fed the same food, the great dane will not only have more, due to being fed more, but the diameter will be larger.

well, i guess a hose would be needed. but i wouldn't get too upset with diarrhea, as long as they have a poopie bag on them, thereby showing that they probably pick it up regularly. diarrhea isn't normal, and it happens.

Me again. Just to clarify a few points. The neighbor is walking his dog on a leash and walking on to my property to let his dog do his business. Most of the time it's just piss, but on occasion he leaves a present. Either way, I have a problem with this clown feeling HE can just walk on my property. Never mind the audacity of letting his dog use my yard like a bathroom. He is trespassing as soon as he's told not to return. I do not have to post the land.
Unfortunately, he does not come at the same time every day or I'd just sit out and wait for him so I could tell him to knock it off as it's just plain rude.
With regards to people saying it's vandalism to return his dog mess, that's just pure nonsense. I'm not going to throw it at his house or car. I'd put it in his yard or driveway. Or, I still like my original thought of putting it in a bag and handing it to him in person.
He's just a jerk and I do want to find the perfect way of letting this guy know it and, ultimately, have him stop what he's doing.
Richard wrote:

There is no "perfect" way to deal w/ a jerk, but the first step is to knock on the door an politely ask for him to refrain from the behavior in question--the other jerks whose first reaction is to resort to equally offensive, rude behavior are a prime reason for eventual lawsuits or retaliatory actions over such mundane issues.
If a request doesn't suffice, then more aggressive steps can be followed, but it's almost assured that an initial agressive action will only provoke an even more aggressive reaction that quite likely would spread to other areas in spite...
imo, ymmv, $0.02, etc., ... :)
Thank goodness we <have> no neighbors...

No,it's not. Toilet papering his house or tree is vandalism,tossing dog crap on his property is also vandalism.If -they- taped you doing it,they could have the police cite you for vandalism.

Then they have you for harassment.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I love usenet lawyers.

They are most surely worth what they charge.

sometimes twice that!
--
be safe.
flip

But DID you ask him politely not to do this, or not? Sorry, I don't remember you saying that you had.
Also, do you have a local poop & scoop law? Have you pointed that out to him?

Why do you have to catch him? If you've seen him do it once and know it keeps happening, you could still politely approach him and ask him not to use your lawn as his dog's dumping ground.

Still wondering, have you asked him politely and pointed out he's trespassing, etc. etc. etc.
Kendall
--
Kendall P. Bullen http://www.his.com/~kendall /
kendall@---^^^^^^^
Richard wrote:

Oh, okay. Well now that you've clarified the issue, you should open fire on both of them with a fully automatic weapon.

OK, I'm having a hard time envisioning that. You mean you reach under the dog's butt and catch the stuff in your (hopefully gloved) hand? Or the dog wears a net on his ass? Or what?
I gotta think that a shovel is easier...

You're waaaaaaay too interested in this.
--
Regards,

good
no. as she squats, i put a section of newspaper under her butt. then i can just pick it up and put it in a plastic shopping bag. i get all of it; a shovel wouldn't.

diameter.
dane.
more,
nope, just experience (and a wee bit of common sense). remember, there are those on this ng who think that all dogs crap the same size.

Mr Shit Professor wrote:

"Experience" with shit? That and the *wee* bit of common sense are obvious.
This shit is consuming you.

toilet.
my
these
dog
dog
many
lb
yes. there's a difference in size based on the size of the dog.

more
the poop is caught (too large for scooping, and scooping always leaves something behind) every time. and my dog doesn't get out of the house off a leash.

do
isn't,
and you're an idiot.

This is why I suggest videotape. Positive,legal proof.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Like others have said, try talking to him first.
If that doesn't help:
Do you have a fenced back yard, garage or somewhere you could hold the dog while you call animal control to pick him/her up as a stray? If the dog is in your yard unattended, bait it in with some tasty, smelly morsel of food.
After the owner has to take a couple of trips to the dog pound and pay the fine he may keep a little closer eye on the mutt.
DJ

One other thought;if you have the person on videotape leaving the crap on your property,it's a powerful tool to SHOW the person,and tell them you will show it to police or a judge as proof of vandalism of your property;that alone may make them stop.
You also have solid proof of exactly -who- is doing it. No mistakes,no doubts.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik