Neighbor problem - dog mess

"Nick Hull" wrote

Fi-Shock has a lot less electricity, but the result is the same. The dog will not be back.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

yes. there's a difference in size based on the size of the dog.

the poop is caught (too large for scooping, and scooping always leaves something behind) every time. and my dog doesn't get out of the house off a leash.

and you're an idiot.

Reply to
AllEmailDeletedImmediately

nope. guess you've never owned large dogs. and do you think a 10lb dog's pile is the same size as a 50lb dog?

Reply to
AllEmailDeletedImmediately

then the poor thing was getting really crappy, cheap food. even with good food, my dog's piles are too large to scoop, so i have to catch it.

and i'm not talking about the actual pile size. i'm talking turd diameter. the exit hole of a cocker spaniel is much smaller than that of a great dane. if they're both fed the same food, the great dane will not only have more, due to being fed more, but the diameter will be larger.

well, i guess a hose would be needed. but i wouldn't get too upset with diarrhea, as long as they have a poopie bag on them, thereby showing that they probably pick it up regularly. diarrhea isn't normal, and it happens.

Reply to
AllEmailDeletedImmediately

Me again. Just to clarify a few points. The neighbor is walking his dog on a leash and walking on to my property to let his dog do his business. Most of the time it's just piss, but on occasion he leaves a present. Either way, I have a problem with this clown feeling HE can just walk on my property. Never mind the audacity of letting his dog use my yard like a bathroom. He is trespassing as soon as he's told not to return. I do not have to post the land.

Unfortunately, he does not come at the same time every day or I'd just sit out and wait for him so I could tell him to knock it off as it's just plain rude.

With regards to people saying it's vandalism to return his dog mess, that's just pure nonsense. I'm not going to throw it at his house or car. I'd put it in his yard or driveway. Or, I still like my original thought of putting it in a bag and handing it to him in person.

He's just a jerk and I do want to find the perfect way of letting this guy know it and, ultimately, have him stop what he's doing.

Reply to
Richard

I'm supprised noone has pointed folks here:

Some are kinda funny. ;)

Reply to
Philip Lewis

There is no "perfect" way to deal w/ a jerk, but the first step is to knock on the door an politely ask for him to refrain from the behavior in question--the other jerks whose first reaction is to resort to equally offensive, rude behavior are a prime reason for eventual lawsuits or retaliatory actions over such mundane issues.

If a request doesn't suffice, then more aggressive steps can be followed, but it's almost assured that an initial agressive action will only provoke an even more aggressive reaction that quite likely would spread to other areas in spite...

imo, ymmv, $0.02, etc., ... :)

Thank goodness we no neighbors...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

OK, I'm having a hard time envisioning that. You mean you reach under the dog's butt and catch the stuff in your (hopefully gloved) hand? Or the dog wears a net on his ass? Or what?

I gotta think that a shovel is easier...

You're waaaaaaay too interested in this.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Richard wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No,it's not. Toilet papering his house or tree is vandalism,tossing dog crap on his property is also vandalism.If -they- taped you doing it,they could have the police cite you for vandalism.

Then they have you for harassment.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"BillC" wrote in news:jA%te.7046$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Better to just turn on the lawn sprinkler system and soak the dog AND the owner.Less likely to get you a visit from the police,too.

Of course,if it were legal(it's not),a paintball gun would be better than a BB gun. Use non-washable paintballs,the kind for marking cattle.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

But DID you ask him politely not to do this, or not? Sorry, I don't remember you saying that you had.

Also, do you have a local poop & scoop law? Have you pointed that out to him?

Why do you have to catch him? If you've seen him do it once and know it keeps happening, you could still politely approach him and ask him not to use your lawn as his dog's dumping ground.

Still wondering, have you asked him politely and pointed out he's trespassing, etc. etc. etc.

Kendall

Reply to
Kendall P. Bullen

Im a liberal. I don't see what this has to do with being liberal? Am I supposed to let any random person/animal on my yard because I'm liberal?

Reply to
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

CL: The poster I cited stated that he thought that a dog coming onto private property did not constitute trespassing. I said I thought his attitude was too liberal.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

That might just work!

GP

Reply to
Greg Pernell

How so?

GP

Reply to
Greg Pernell

I believe that might be the best way ... and it directly targets the situation.

GP

Reply to
Greg Pernell

Why not? They have to enter or stand on his property?

...whatever .....

GP

Reply to
Greg Pernell

It takes one bad dog owner to make the 99% responsible dog owners look shady.

GP

Reply to
Greg Pernell

I love usenet lawyers.

Reply to
Mark

W/ some neighbors that might just lead to a much less desirable reaction up to something like a slug through the door or... Deliberately raising the ante is an optimum way to initially deal w/ a problem imo...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth