Neighbor problem - dog mess

Page 2 of 5

I missed your point. You don't see what harm what does?
I used to live in a condo. I used to walk my Corgi on a leash. One day, a fellow was "walking" his pit bull. No leash. A friend of mine's Scottish terrier was killed in the same condo complex by a Mastiff that was being "walked" with no leash. The Scotty was on a leash.
"Walking" your dog can mean all sorts of things. Some people put them on a treadmill, and call that walking.
Vietnamese people even have a book on the subject of what they think of dogs. It is titled, "Wokking your dog."
Steve
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (toller) wrote in

Then it's even worse.
Again, most cities have laws requiring dog owners to clean up after their dogs, but common courtesy would dictate that regardless.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | snipped-for-privacy@iphouse.com

You don't know the definition of trespassing then...

Walking BY a yard and walking IN a yard are two different things.
toller wrote:

Why not? They have to enter or stand on his property?

...whatever .....
GP
wrote in message

The "return their crap" method is vandalism.

Then you videotape it,and call the police and have him cited for vandalism. If necessary,it's great evidence for a restraining order.(both human and dog) The videotape is also useful for the "that wasn't MY dog" excuse.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

well. Actually it's too bad and can be kind of sad when this 'shit' happens between neighbors.
Richard wrote:

Check your city code, and then call in a violation if the code says he must pick up doggie-doo. Code violation here. Lots of dogs, and dog walkers pick up and put in nearest dumpster.
Norminn wrote:

It takes one bad dog owner to make the 99% responsible dog owners look shady.
GP
Greg Pernell wrote:

Shitty deal huh.

Step one: talk to him and ask if he would please not let his dog defecate on your property.
Step two if this doesn't work: toss the crap onto his driveway.
Step three if this doesn't work: call the police and/or health department and ask if there are any laws being violated.
Step four: when the dog comes in the yard, call the police and say the dog snarled at you. Tell the responding officer that you have asked this neighbor repeatedly to keep the dog off your property, but the neighbor has refused to do so.
Each step is a little more direct, and will determine what kind of neighbor this really is and if their friendship is worth keeping.
I got to step two with my neighbor. After two times of returning some bombs to their welcome mat, the problem mysteriously and quickly ended. That has been about a year now.
If it is a good neighbor, you won't have to go past step one.
Steve
Step 2 1/2:
Leave the crap where it is. Take a bottle of BBQ Sauce and generously pour it over the turds. Watch your neighbors face, as his dog eats own crap. Problem will be solved permanently

in this day and age, with xxxxxx rage, etc, i'd go directly to step 3 and, assuming it's against the law, i'd turn him in anonymously.

Vandalism. It doesn't matter if it's his dog's crap.

what GOOD advice;to lie to a police officer. Making a false statement is a crime.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Oh, I see. I'm going to get into trouble for returning something that belongs to the neighbor? It's not a crime for them to allow the dog to defecate in my yard, but a crime for me to return it? Is that what you're saying, Bunkie?

Again, the dog was on MY property. And you say that I'm going to get into trouble because the dog was agressive on MY property? It's my word against the dog's. No crime can be proven. Now, THAT'S good advice.
Have a nice day. Keep taking those meds. Doctor dispensed, over the counter, and street purchased.
Steve

Exactly right; it's the same principle that what a thief steals from you, you cannot steal back. Welcome to Big Brother.
--
Free men own guns, slaves don\'t
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
SteveB wrote:

May feel good at the moment, but that is vandalism. Bad advice.

Find out what the local law is. If leaving droppings is against the law, take a picture and file complaint with animal control. I called animal control here, about a neighbor with 125# dog which had attacked other dogs twice. Neighbor is in condo, is a bit of a lunatic. Had screen stapled over outside of front door, and it was the only means of restraining a dangerous animal. They had previously gotten a letter about keeping it under control at all times. They said they had no authority about the screen, but would speak with them. It worked. Small kids in condo pass within 10' of the door.

Dog poop on the lawn is not worth worrying about, unless they are large piles. Being seen doing vandalism will not establish your status as a good neighbor. It only escalates a silly issue.

Deserttraveler wrote:

Only if you're too big a woos to toss the crap back where it belongs. This advice is only meant for vertabrates.

And it sends a message that you won't put up with crap from a dog or a neighbor. A good neighbor doesn't get this started in the first place, and if it is started, they will take steps to reign in their animal. If they don't, then, it's a man's world. Returning property to its owner is being a bad neighbor?
Steve

Dumping the crap back on his driveway or mat is not vandalism if it's not damaging his property. I wouldn't put it on his hot car hood in the middle of the summer, as that may damage the paint, however.
I would also DEFINITELY make sure you've got the right guy beforehand.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in

Nonsense.Damage need not be done for an act to be vandalism.Also,it's unsanitary.It requires cleanup.It's no different than if they toilet papered your car or tree;"no damage",but the police still consider it vandalism.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Jim, Jim, Jim. What planet do you live on?
Where I live, Earth, if a person was to call the law about a dog poop issue, they would be ignored.
Hell, you can call in that your car has been stolen, and YOU have to go to the police station to file a report. They won't even come for a stolen car, I really don't think they would come for a vandalism call, unless they were doing a welfare check on the caller to see if they were mentally ill, and doing okay. If they did come to check on things, and found out that you were serious, I am sure you would get the "We'll get right after the culprits......." speech, and the officer/s would have a very good laugh back in the car.
Police don't mess with things like dog poop vandalism. Trust me.
Steve