Neighbor impies he will disclose my old Septic Tank

Page 2 of 2

On the next moonless night, dig up the entire mess and transplant it across the property line...
CWM

I had a neighbor like that once, he became the neighborhood problem, dogs barking kids playing basketball every little thing made him mad and generated a call to the police and their unhappy faces at the doors.
I had a reputation at the town of being a trouble maker after I INSISTED on speaking my thoughts at the monthly meeting after they installed a speed limit sign at my other home smack dap in the worst possible place, the one I happened to use to pull vehicles on the lawn for a variety of repair projects under way at the time. my point they should of asked BEFORE placing it, rater than it being a surprise.... a few feet made all the difference
So I went and saw the twp manager and very nicely requested all the rules on half way houses and welfare relocatees:) the look on his face was priceless.......
I had found my neighbor idiot had started a home based investment business, thats why he demanded silence....
I asked has he got his business privelage license? one cop must of been a friend of the neighbor was taking all the calls, cop suggested we get rid of our dogs, my wife was crushed she cant have kids.
cop got head kicked in for not following procedure, neighbor had new tax to pay:) its on gross business must of been costly:) chatted with chief of police, idiot neighbor had complainded of people walking dogs in mid day making other dogs bark i wasnt the only one being harased. parents of kids playing ball were upset too. at least kids were home not running the street selling drugs.
within a few weeks the for sale sign deorated his lawn and we all smiled the day he moved:)

Sounds like you're all a bunch of nuts who nobody would want as a neighbor.
Ryan

And they speak in T. S. Eliot sentences. (for those not familiar with T. S. Eliot, she was an author who wrote the longest sentences known to mankind.)
Steve

You're confusing T. S. Elliot with George Eliot. TS (Thomas Stearns) was a man. George Eliot was the pen name of Mary Anne Evans.
--
Regards,
Steve B wrote:
MERCIFUL SNIPPAGE

Thomas Stearns Elliot? That T.S. Elliot? She?
Steve

On May 16, 5:48�pm, "Steve B" <ExSurDO2Di

Steve I think you're mixing George Eliot (she) with T.S. (Thomas Stearns) Eliot- "The Waste Land" etc. In this case, if there is only rock and no water, all is probably ok.
On May 16, 5:48?pm, "Steve B" <ExSurDO2Di

Steve I think you're mixing George Eliot (she) with T.S. (Thomas Stearns) Eliot- "The Waste Land" etc. In this case, if there is only rock and no water, all is probably ok.
You are correct. George Eliot was the pen name of Mary Ann Evans. She took a masculine nom de plume, as women writers were not accepted well in the 1860's. She wrote Silas Marner: the Weaver of Raveloe. Sorry, That particular English lit class was in 1965, and a lot of things have passed through my grey matter/white matter hard drive since then.
I hope I have it right this time, as I surely will look foolish if I do not.
Steve
On Wed, 16 May 2007 14:48:54 -0700, "Steve B"

Some people don't have trouble remembering what a sentence is about from one line to the ... look, a chicken!

Huh? Where?

Was it chick little? oh nooooooo, the sky is falling. LOL

I thought that was Al Gore's line...
--
Regards,

Me to a tee. Now what did I come in this room for?
Steve

While not the most lucid post, it sort of sounds like my neighborhood. Kids playing in the street, dogs barking from time to time, parents calling the kids in for lunch or dinner with a yell from a window or door. It's really nice. You get to know the neighbors, make some friends; people start to look out for each other. I might go through patch kits like crazy and give a few minutes here & there patching a tire or making an adjustment on a neighbor kids bike, but I'm never without conversation & an extra set of hands when working in the yard. I like it. I really wouldn't want it any other way. Someone who called the police for a barking dog or kids playing ball would detract from that. Rather, they would if the cops in my town would care (which I do not believe would be the case).
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in message I had a neighbor like that once, he became the neighborhood problem, dogs barking kids playing basketball every little thing made him mad and generated a call to the police and their unhappy faces at the doors.
[...]
++++++++
Probably not as much as he smiled on the day it sold.
Cheri
mstrspy wrote:

60+ years, huh? I'd start a rumor that previous owners put their family jewels in a glass jar, tied a string around it, lowered it into the septic tank as a hiding place, and the string broke. Any jewels they find is theirs. You should be able to get it dug up for free.
KC

Your neighbor is confused. Fuel oil tanks have to be decommissioned, which includes removal and testing for leaks under the tank. Septic tanks face no such regulations. You did fine. Tell him to STFU, then forget it.
snipped-for-privacy@teleport.com wrote:

You are misinformed. At the least, this varies from one jurisdiction to another. Where I live, septic tanks are required to be either removed, or broken and filled, when abandoned.
--
Regards,

Not to be too coarse - but why don't you tell your neighbor to fuck off?

Give Clean Harbors a call
I'll bet that your neighbor is confusing septic tank "decommissioning" with need to decommission an underground fuel tank.
Unless I'm mistaken, an septic tank needs no special treatment beyond emptying (pumping out) & filling with sand. I've seen several done this way in SoCal over the years. They're a potential collapse hazard not an environmental pollution problem.
When Clean Harbors gives you the "no special treatment" answer, share it with your local "expert".
cheers Bob