Neighbor dog problem

'How about dogs deficating on your grass or trees ?? I could never understand a dog owner saying :' Good boy , good boy" while they watch their dog do that on someone elses property, then casually walk off whistling a tune.... BOB: Where I live, it's a $75 ticket. Go say hello to the dog., read the license #, and report them. Or, follow them home to get an address. Bob'

ME: Im sure that in my village , dog owners are supposed to clean up after their dog, but, ive seen maybe twice ...an owner picking up the feces from anothers yard. I know that theres a leash law here...but alot of good that will do if the dog owner lets his dog/encourages his dog to dump on your property. I had this discussion with another DG, and one guy had the audacity to tell me :"Well, it makes for good fertilizer" ; right...a 4 inch high pile of feces in a 3" diameter circle makes for good lawn fertilizer . Dog owners, by and large, are not considerate of others concerning thier dogs ; they expect everyone else to fall in love with the thing because they love it. Then...(while im at it...), how about when youre in someones house and they have a dog who wants to lick your face , when you know that many dogs stick thier noses in each others feces ??? Then, if youre not nice to Vido...its owner takes offense. I havent the time of day for dogs...and nearly ALL of their owners. Sorry, but, they should both live on farms.

Reply to
HVAC IsFun

And people wonder why identity theft is a growing problem...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

You don't know who will get this information:

Name: Karen Russo Address: 6557 Creekview Terrace Pinellas Park, FL 34665 Country: U.S.A. E-mail address: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com Sex: Female Birthdate: Jan 21, 1961 Hobbies: Reading, traveling, music, movies, miniature golf Language: English

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

She listed her birthyear as 1961, so it might be wedding anniversary? Birth of child? June 9 1984????

amazing the things you can find with a simple search.

Reply to
Charon the Lurke

- KRusso6984-

- Nehmo - That dose is not so low that it's below a level of causing emotional problems. That's too high a dose to be driving too.

This is going to be blunt, Karen, but benzo addicts aren't concerned with others. They're similar to alcoholics it a way, self-absorbed and blaming everybody but themselves for everything. Nice people turn into monsters on benzos.

But I don't expect you to quit. Benzo addicts don't want to quit. And even if they *did* collect the presence of mind to want to quit, they would experience a fierce physical withdrawal when they tried. Typically, the only time they quit is when they end up in jail or another institution.

The only advice I can offer, considering you're not going to quit, is to try to keep in check your criticism and anger toward others. Just decide you're not going to get mad at your neighbor or your other acquaintances. When you're on those pills, you can't trust your own judgment regarding when to get mad.

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

- Banty -

- Nehmo - To return to my auto-wreck analogy, if there were a wreck with the driver being drunk, it's possible, the wreck would still have happened if the driver were not drunk. Nonetheless, since the driver was drunk, that condition is subject to attention and most likely, it's to blame.

Klonopin (and to a lesser degree, other benzos) is a major factor in the life of anybody doing it. If Karen weren't on any benzos, the dog probably wouldn't bother her. If she remains on benzos, and if the dog disappeared, Karen would then find something else to be upset about.

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

Someone named "Oscar_Lives" Proclaimed on Wed, 09 Jun 2004 01:13:52 GMT,

Or that her husband's name is Richard, and their one-story house (built in 1981) is valued at $113,900.

Reply to
G. Morgan

OK, how about...

(Anomoyously) adopt that viscious Pit Bull they're about to put down at the local shelter, and toss it over her fence.

You'll only hear a couple more yaps.

Then, return aforementioned Pit Bull and tell them it wasn't for you. Oh, and it already had breakfast.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Is it THIS "Nehmo Sergheyev?"

Nehmo Sergheyev

815 Ann Ave. Kansas City, Kansas 66101 Phone: 816-668-8581 e-mail addresses: snipped-for-privacy@kc.rr.com snipped-for-privacy@kc.rr.com

If it is, then it looks like KRusso6984 is guilty of at least 2 "Nehmo Sins"

  1. NOT EMBRACING ALL THINGS "D O G".

See, for example:

Excerpt:

"Anyway, Bigboy [a stray dog] is now locked up on real death row. We can't take him out because we're already over the max with dogs, trying to find homes for Bigboy's packmates."

For more of the same:

  1. WORKING FOR A STATE DEPARTMENT OF FAMILY SERVICES:

Here's the text:

Hi, I'm Susan.

I had a perfect baby boy 22 months ago at Kansas University (KU) Hospital in Kansas City, Kansas. I named him Blaze. I was so happy, but I also became sick. Much of the placenta remained inside of me, and I became weak and weaker (a month later I almost died). Soon after Blaze's birth, the Missouri Department of Social Services, Division of Family Services (DFS) took our baby. They took him from the hospital before we could bring him home. They said it was only temporary. They said it didn't look as if I could care for a newborn, and Nehmo, my husband, would be occupied caring for me. The official reason for taking Blaze was that he was "drug exposed." I had been taking legally prescribed methadone for 19 years, and KU itself gave me a dose four hours prior to the delivery. (As it was expected, it showed up in Blaze's system.)

There were no illegal drugs of any kind in Blaze's or my system, and nobody contends that there were.

In the beginning we believed the DFS workers' assurances that keeping Blaze in a foster house was temporary, and we thought cooperating with DFS was appropriate. We didn't realize what was happening, and the social workers seemed nice.

Blaze is now almost two years old, and the social workers only seemed nice. The DFS workers, particularly Traci Beck and Julie Eubanks, have lied and cheated repeatedly. Their purpose is to steal our baby. They can't be trusted whatsoever, and they see their job in life as to take as many babies as they can from whomever they can. They are particularly interested in our baby.

It's been very hard on us, and Nehmo is still fighting, but I can't participate anymore. Five months ago I (with planning) became pregnant again. I didn't want DFS to know, but they somehow found out. The DFS "psychologist," Jane Davis, during sessions, kept badgering me on the question: "Tell me if you're pregnant," she asked again and again. I decided I had to leave the state to keep them from taking our next baby.

I didn't see that I had any choice.

I Love my baby Blaze.

Susan

Blaze Law Put The Family Back Together! Methadone in Pregnancy DFS's Orginal Reason for Taking Blaze

Page Author: Nehmo Sergheyev

Reply to
Ermalina

gate and letting someone's animals loose. '

prove this please ?

Dave, Please dont advertise such tripe. Its wrong and you know it. Now....listen to your conscience which God has given you and abandon immoral forms of revenge.

Reply to
DaveisANonce

Dave, Please dont advertise such tripe. Its wrong and you know it. Now....listen to your conscience which God has given you and abandon immoral forms of revenge, you hypocritical bastard.

Reply to
DaveisANonce

That's not identity theft - She's handing it over voluntarily.

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor

Holy shit, woman! Go over there and handle it the old fashioned way. First, ask her to keep her dog quiet. If that doesn't work, tell the bitch that if the dog wakes you up one more time, you are going to rip her head off and stick the furry little loudmouth down her neck. Be sure to do this when no one is watching, and when the police come, just act as though she is mentally unbalanced, and you have no idea what she is talking about. And that you never threatened her in any way. It's her word against yours. And if she files a charge against you, file one back at her. They cancel each other.

Intimidation works wonders. And when that doesn't work, it's time for an attitude adjustment. Or doggiecide.

That's how I would handle the problem.

First be nice. Then be nasty. If neither work, take action.

Just do so when it is one on one. You're obviously not buddies who go lingerie shopping together or are on each other's Christmas card list, anyway.

steve

Reply to
SteveB

Phooey. It's like a bridge collapsed on a drunk driver. It would have collapsed on a sober driver too.

Most people would be bothered by a dog barking very early in the morning.

Are you a child of a drug abuser or something?? Because you're inordaniately fixated on this. (And Karen is inordinately compliant in defending herself to you - pretty classic.)

Banty

Reply to
Banty

I like the part about two punctures from a dog bite being "a part of life".

Banty

Reply to
Banty

So _THAT'S_ what was wrong with my first wife! :)

-- dadiOH _____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

But don't forget that OP hasn't even informed the neighbor that the barking disturbs her. Maybe the neighbor thinks everyone is up at 6:30. Maybe the idea that Fido's barking might disturb someone hasn't occurred to the neighbor. Who knows? The fact is that OP's complaint and this entire thread is a tempest in a tea pot until such time as she talks to neighbor and neighbor tells her to take a hike.

If a neighbor's dog barks and I'm not home I am not disturbed. Same if the neighbor kids yell and scream. If I am home, both disturb me. So does my bubba neighbor's freaking airboat. Especially the airboat.

-- dadiOH _____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

You *may* have a point. But only because of some doubt that the presence of a police car one such morning may *possibly* not have had to do with the dog barking. Other than that doubt which may prevent the likely conclusion that the neighbor *has* been told that her dog is bothering people, what we have is the usual neighbor's conundrum - does she talk to the neighbor, and possibly resolve the issue amicably? Or does she talk to the neighbor, and possibly be told "f*ck you" and be blamed henceforth and maybe also in retrospect for the police call, anything that possibly may happen to the dog, and even any garbage which may blow into the neighbor's yard. I agree with you part way, and understand the sentiment that things should and could be handled if people would just

*talk* to each other. But the way things are IRL, there's a real risk in talking to a neighbor about something like that. So what should Karen do? Beats me - she has a better feel for what kind of person lives next door than any of us.

From here in quad-running and snowmobile land, I hear ya.

Cheers, Banty

Reply to
Banty

Well, at least not at 6:30 in the morning. She would still be asleep!

Reply to
Andy Asberry

With the advent of the Internet, there is no longer any privacy. Would that neighbor's name be Tanner or Brown. In December 2002 you had a dark colored vehicle parked in your drive. Is that a power pole to the right of your drive? And a nice patio on the SE corner of your house.

This is not to shock you but to show that information is available from many sources. When pieced together, it can paint a pretty complete picture.

I do sympathize with you. The problem is, she is already awake when the dog is barking. So it doesn't't bother her.

I would talk to the neighbor. If you think a conversation would escalate into a shouting match, send a nice letter. If that brings no results, I would go to a sporting goods store and buy a predator call called a squeaker. It is a high pitched, low volume call imitating a mouse or small animal in distress. When you think your neighbor is sleeping, go into your yard next to them and blow this call a few times. Eventually, she will get tired of her dog waking her up.

Of course, you have to be prepared for the possibility she will just put the dog outside. And when she does, from your side of the fence, you can coyly ask, "Did the barking dog wake you also?"

Reply to
Andy Asberry