Neighbor dog problem

Page 5 of 8
- Lost-In-Translation -

and
- Nehmo - You're right. It's better to start a fresh thread than to run into the triple digits. It didn't belong in home.repair in the first place.
--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Well, at least not at 6:30 in the morning. She would still be asleep!
I only take 1 mg Klonopin every night, probably less than that most nights. That's 1 mg Klonopin or less every day. That's not much at all. That's not why the barking bothers me. It's because I hear it & can't get back to sleep.
- KRusso6984 -

nights.
That's not

to sleep.
- Nehmo - Who are you trying to kid, Karen? That's a benzo habit, and you're a benzo head. It's no wonder you're mad at your neighbor.
If you're husband doesn't partake, what's his opinion of the pills?
--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

nights.
not
sleep.
- Mike Cummins -

set it

powered one

feet
- Nehmo - You carry a dog repellant device in your pocket? Are you *that* afraid of dogs?
--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Why take any chance? Dogs are unpredictable,and territorial. After you get bit is too late.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

You can bet they are. More and more people are being attacked and killed by dogs every year. You just never know when the neighborhood dog will suddenly take a notion that you are prey and just tear you all up.

Yes,once the "alpha dog"(owner) is not around,then the behavior can change. So many dog owners claim "their dog is not like that around their family",that's because they are around,when they *aren't* around,the dog's behavior changes.(around strangers)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

Mike, pls tell me more about the device. Thanks.
Banty wrote:

But don't forget that OP hasn't even informed the neighbor that the barking disturbs her. Maybe the neighbor thinks everyone is up at 6:30. Maybe the idea that Fido's barking might disturb someone hasn't occurred to the neighbor. Who knows? The fact is that OP's complaint and this entire thread is a tempest in a tea pot until such time as she talks to neighbor and neighbor tells her to take a hike.

If a neighbor's dog barks and I'm not home I am not disturbed. Same if the neighbor kids yell and scream. If I am home, both disturb me. So does my bubba neighbor's freaking airboat. Especially the airboat.
-- dadiOH _____________________________

You *may* have a point. But only because of some doubt that the presence of a police car one such morning may *possibly* not have had to do with the dog barking. Other than that doubt which may prevent the likely conclusion that the neighbor *has* been told that her dog is bothering people, what we have is the usual neighbor's conundrum - does she talk to the neighbor, and possibly resolve the issue amicably? Or does she talk to the neighbor, and possibly be told "fuck you" and be blamed henceforth and maybe also in retrospect for the police call, anything that possibly may happen to the dog, and even any garbage which may blow into the neighbor's yard. I agree with you part way, and understand the sentiment that things should and could be handled if people would just *talk* to each other. But the way things are IRL, there's a real risk in talking to a neighbor about something like that. So what should Karen do? Beats me - she has a better feel for what kind of person lives next door than any of us.

From here in quad-running and snowmobile land, I hear ya.
Cheers, Banty
This post proves that I'm right cause you're a total idiot, and completely moronic. I know that I'm right cause I'd never call someone an "ad hominem" unless I really knew he was one of them hominems. I mean, you can carry name calling too far.
(we learned about Ad Hom arguments in school, and I just wanted to try one out. I so seldom use ad hom arguments. Only on total losers. Sorry, it slipped. But it feels so good once in awhile.)
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
(KRusso6984) wrote:

He got it from *you*. *You* put it out on the internet for the entire world to see.
Just do a Google search on yourself, like this: http://www.google.com/groups?as_q=krusso6984
Good heavens, woman! What were you thinking?
(KRusso6984) wrote:

world to

Holy Crap....the only thing missing there is her bra size, and if someone dug harder IT might be there too....
SHEEEEESH
Someone named snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) Proclaimed on Wed, 09 Jun 2004 00:18:08 GMT,

What do you wanna bet her bank card PIN # is 6984?

Might be. I had figured on it being her date of birth, until I saw one of the posts in which she referred to her age (suggesting a birth year in the early 1960s).
Or perhaps it's descriptive of, say, a personal preference. (But what's "84"?)
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com says...

She listed her birthyear as 1961, so it might be wedding anniversary? Birth of child? June 9 1984????
amazing the things you can find with a simple search.