Neighbor dog problem

Page 3 of 8

(KRusso6984) Proclaimed on 07

Several sponges soaked in bacon grease will also help.
On 07 Jun 2004 00:25:01 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (KRusso6984) wrote:

Any merit in asking if you can feed the dog and make friends with it?
Maybe if the dog is well fed when it sees someone (you) it may wag its tail off and jump with joy. Let it play with a toy (your donation) and perhaps if it will be well occupied with playing instead of barking. Its a cheap solution to an aggravating problem and may work. If not there's always the dog nuisance complaint alternative.
Inconsiderate Bitch!
Tom

Are you being sarcastic? I don't understand.
On 07 Jun 2004 00:25:01 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (KRusso6984) wrote:

There is no easy solution. You could check your local laws and Animal Control. Your neighbor is being inconsiderate. I would probably try to ignore the situation, at least for some months. It might help to plant a hedge, then the dog will bark in the other direction. It is illegal to harm someone's pet if it is on their property, at least where I live.
I know it is illegal to harm someone's pet. Did I say anything about harming it??? I love animals too you know! I just would like her to wait until at least 7:30 before she lets her dog out for the day or however long she lets her out for. I'm still in bed at 6:30 am.
'I have a neighbor who lets her little terrier out in her fenced in backyard around 6:30 some mornings & that dog barks for about an hour nonstop. She's a single mother of a 13 y.o. daughter, & has lived there about a year. She doesn't really want a "friendly" relationship with anyone on the street. She just wants to be neighbors & for everyone to live their own lives. Our neighborhood consists of single family homes. I know someone called the police one morning in February because I saw the cop car in front of her house & the dog was outside barking like crazy. This was around 7 am. I don't know how to resolve this issue. I appreciate any & all help. Thanks. '
ME: Many dog owners are the most inconsiderate people around. Your answer is : the squeaky wheel gets the grease. No use in dealing with your neighbor on this....call the police dept often and eventually they will give her a citation .
Jesus said to turn the other cheek if thy neighbor smite thee. Not seven times seven.....
I'm a believer in go talk to the neighbor. I liked the other one about feeding the dog yummies, and making friends. A box of kibbles and bits might go a long way to smoothing things over. Also, many dogs like catfood, too.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon writes:

Jesus reviled dogs. Matthew 7:6. "Love your neighbor" refers to *people*, not canines.
Our city has a no barking ordinance. They are not allowed to bark for any reason other then someone breaking into your home.
I called the police for 2 weeks straight. The animal control for 3 days straight. They fined him twice. Had two put to sleep. He's now down to 2 and theyboth have bark collars. It's very quiet around here now.
LS
PS You do become annoying to the police and I tell them I'll see ya tomorrow when I call and I do. They asked permission to sit in my back yard and I let them. The first hour of barking the guy had a ticket and both dogs impounded.

You have to wonder why the animal should suffer because of an irresponsible owner. Dogs barking nonstop like that are just wanting attention, they want to be with their people, no shut away from them for hours on end.
I had a neighbor who couldn't control her little dog digging it's way out of the fenced yard to get into mine to play with my dogs. She finally put concrete around the base of her chain link fence so it couldn't dig. Then, the dog quickly learned to climb the fence. It wanted company, it did not like to be alone. She tried to be a good pet owner but it just didn't work.
I gave her a resolution to the problem and she agreed.
The dog is now mine.

- Lost-In-Translation-

- Nehmo - Correct. And this NG must be filled with a bunch of crabby geriatrics. They want to call the cops and retaliate by other means just because of a dog barking. Dogs and their barking are part of a normal residential neighborhood. If you want silence, die.
--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *
Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:

I like my neighbor - never said otherwise. The barking does bother me because I am still in bed at 6:30 in the morning - why else would I have posted to this NG???
I used to have a neighbor that had 17 large dogs and we live in the city. Animal Control refused to do anything about the barking unless I could get two other neighbors to sign a paper. When I approached other neighbors, they all disliked the night-time barking (and the smell!) but said that it was in their best interest not to take any action. The neighbor never picked up the waste, and I guess I was fortunate the wind usually blows from the west. The houseflies were so bad that I stopped using the deck.
I don't want to hear a dog barking at 6:30 in the morning. Or after 10 pm. It's just a little thing I have called wanting to be able to sleep in peace.
- KRusso6984 -

- Nehmo - At first I couldn't understand why you were so irritable. But after looking at your posting history http://snipurl.com/6x72 I understand. I have some experience with Klonopin [1] myself. Although it makes *you* feel good, it's one of the worse drugs ever produced in terms of making people mean. I even know someone who, while on Klonopin, drove a car into someone else and injured them for life. I've got other stories too.
But I realize people who take the stuff simply are not going to stop doing so. It's about like getting somebody to stop drinking alcohol. I suggest then that you make a special effort to ignore your objections to other people while you're doing the drug (and the mean mood it causes lasts for days after the primary effect).
Your other problem is that you work for the Florida Department of Children & Families (DCF). I'm not going to start on that now, but it's a horrible organization. I don't care if you're just clerical or if you're just in the adult section.
[1] Other benzos are bad too.
--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

::snip::
Can you say "ad-hominem"?
I knew you could...
Banty
- KRusso6984 -

- Nehmo - I understand. I have some experience with Klonopin
- Banty - Can you say "ad-hominem"?
- Nehmo - The topic under discussion is OP's objection to a neighbor's dog barking. OP believes this interferes with her sleep. OP's use of the strong benzodiazepine, Klonopin, is not only relevant, but central to the problem.
Do you believe Klonopin would have no effect on her sleep and her irascibility?
Ask about the drug in news:alt.drugs.hard (and mention OP's unorthodox dosing regime). People who use, or have used, the drug will respond.
--
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

My neighbor's dog barking woke me up 4-7 days a week. Yes, I got irritable, especially after talking to her and getting no interest in solving the problem. I didn't need drugs to get irritable. What I needed was sleep, and my neighbor's dog was denying me that. Your assumption that drug use is the problem is a huge leap from the stated problem. It kind of sounds like the kind of excuse an inconsiderate dog owner would make to avoid being a responsible dog owner.
Bob