Neighbor dog problem

- KRusso6984 -

- Nehmo - At first I couldn't understand why you were so irritable. But after looking at your posting history

I understand. I have some experience with Klonopin [1] myself. Although it makes *you* feel good, it's one of the worse drugs ever produced in terms of making people mean. I even know someone who, while on Klonopin, drove a car into someone else and injured them for life. I've got other stories too.

But I realize people who take the stuff simply are not going to stop doing so. It's about like getting somebody to stop drinking alcohol. I suggest then that you make a special effort to ignore your objections to other people while you're doing the drug (and the mean mood it causes lasts for days after the primary effect).

Your other problem is that you work for the Florida Department of Children & Families (DCF). I'm not going to start on that now, but it's a horrible organization. I don't care if you're just clerical or if you're just in the adult section.

[1] Other benzos are bad too.
Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

How about someone use an aluminum baseball bat on YOU and then you come back and report how YOU feel after the beating. Eh?

Asshat!!

Reply to
Lost-In-Translation

Someone named snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (KRusso6984) Proclaimed on 08 Jun 2004 00:46:06 GMT,

So are you going to kill the dog or not???

Reply to
Dog Watcher

Dogs like chocolate. If the neighbor wont cooperate get some exlax and toss it over the fence shortly before the dog is brought into the house. Several hours later the neighbor will be quite busy. One of my former coworkers claimed this solved his problem when all else fails

Reply to
Anne Duhon

Microphone, powerful amplifier and a digital delay playback arrangement.....

Around 500 ~ 750 millisecond delay should do the trick quite nicely.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

You could knock on her door and give her a plate of brownies. That will let her know right off the bat you are on friendly terms. Unless she is very inconsiderate, it WILL work. Speak with a calm voice.

I had to quit my night-shift job due to dogs barking. It was easier to get another job than to move.

Reply to
Phisherman

Some of these recommendations, while I doubt they are sincere, and just plain EVIL! ;-|

Another good trick is to buy a bag of rawhide chews. When the little yapper starts in, toss one over the fence and the dog will be entertained. The smaller the dog and the larger the rawhide, the longer your peace and quiet will last.

arrangement.....

Reply to
Lost-In-Translation

'Absolutely EVERYTHING you suggested is a felony, especially opening a gate and letting someone's animals loose. '

ME: I find this hard to believe that its considered "a Felony". Can u prove this please ?

Reply to
HVAC IsFun

How about dogs deficating on your grass or trees ?? I could never understand a dog owner saying :' Good boy , good boy" while they watch their dog do that on someone elses property, then casually walk off whistling a tune....

Reply to
HVAC IsFun

'Several hours later the neighbor will be quite busy. '

ME: Silent revenge.

Reply to
HVAC IsFun

HVAC IsFun spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Hippocrite.

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck_n0i

wouldn't that just train the dog to bark when it wants a rawhide?

Reply to
Philip Lewis

But then what? Will the neighbor make the connections - dog-sick:must-be-neighbor:neighbor-has-legit-grievance:I'll-stop-dog-from-barking?

Somehow that seems unlikely.

You'll most likely get - dog-sick

You *may* get - dog-sick:must-be-neighbor:I-have-rotten-neighbor

....which pretty much forever for the future preclude the neighbor making the connection: neighbor-has-legit-grievance:I'll-stop-dog-from-barking

In other words, that will get you nowhere, or put you backwards.

Unless you dont' care if the dog barks, you just want your jollies.

Banty

Reply to
Banty

Hamburger with horse tranquilizers. She will just think the dog is dead...

Bluesman

Reply to
Bluesman

::snip::

Can you say "ad-hominem"?

I knew you could...

Banty

Reply to
Banty

The first rule in this situation is to NOT complain to anyone - if you complain, and THEN the dog ends up stiff in their back yard, guess who they'll come looking for? If it's a big enough problem for you, use the valium or horse tranks inside a piece of meat - problem over . . .

Reply to
Texas Yankee

Put it in a Midori bottle.

Reply to
default

After reading this entire thread, I find it funny that someone people would resort to calling the cops or suing or attempting to kill the dog without ever talking to this person.

Maybe she's a bit dense and doesn't realize that not everybody is awake at 6:30 in the morning, and a kind word to her would do the trick. In fact, I think I would give her a couple of chances depending on her tone.

Something to the tune of "I was wondering if you could help me out. Due to my schedule, I have to go to bed late and I wake up at 7:30am, and much of the time your dog is outside barking and waking me up an hour before that. I'd appreciate it if you could keep him inside until a more reasonable hour, so I can get my much needed sleep?"

Hopefully she's apologetic and will take care of her dog. If not, I'd warn her again, being a little more stern. I wouldn't bring the threat of lawsuits or bringing cops into it until absolutely necessary. Remember, you might have to live next to this person for years, and there's no need for additional stress between neighbors unless necessary.

Reply to
Larry Bud

Well, you have a point.

But unfortunately, it's the *O.P.* that needs a crystal ball to determine if talking to the neighbor would:

  1. Result in an amicable solution.
  2. Result in a less-than amicable solution, and the neighbor would be pegged as a complainer, and perceived 'likely culprit' should anyone *else* do the dog in (or anything, really).

So one has to guess best one can, based on the evidence one has. Such as - we have here a person that thinks it's perfectly OK to let their dog bark at 6:30 am. Would the interaction be in category 1., or category 2., based on that? Hard to tell for sure, but IME it's the most egregious violations that are the least well addressed by a friendly talk. Because the violator's "F.U." attitude is pretty much evident already.

Banty

Reply to
Banty

It doesn't matter if everyone is awake or not, it does not give her, or her dog, the right to disturb the peace at any hour. I think that is the point that everyone is trying to make. You can't reason with the dog, you have to reason with the owner. Some owners don't care and the more you complain the more they like it.

Therefore, police/animal control is the only answer. The only thing I don't care for is the fact that many of those organizations are lazy asses who won't do their job until you've complained a dozen times or more.

Yes, I advocate speaking to the owner. . . .ONCE. If that doesn't work, then you have to use the organizations for which your tax dollars pay for.

Toss the dog a rawhide, if that works, then contact the owner and tell her, your dog yaps and this is how to resolve the problem - even give her a few rawhides, then let her buy them herself from that point forward.

Reply to
Lost-In-Translation