Neighbor dog problem

Page 1 of 8
I have a neighbor who lets her little terrier out in her fenced in backyard around 6:30 some mornings & that dog barks for about an hour nonstop. She's a single mother of a 13 y.o. daughter, & has lived there about a year. She doesn't really want a "friendly" relationship with anyone on the street. She just wants to be neighbors & for everyone to live their own lives. Our neighborhood consists of single family homes. I know someone called the police one morning in February because I saw the cop car in front of her house & the dog was outside barking like crazy. This was around 7 am. I don't know how to resolve this issue. I appreciate any & all help.
Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (KRusso6984) wrote:

SSS
--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

backyard
She's
She
She
& the

how
Goes something like this:
Talk to the neighbor first.
If she reins in the dog, problem over.
If she doesn't, call the police every time it STARTS yapping so they can get there WHILE it is yapping.
BE SURE to tell the dispatcher to have the officer contact you so that you can tell them your side of the story and the history, and they won't just get her side.
You can explain to the officer that you DID talk to the owner, and she said, " *********** ", and the dog is still being a nuisance. And that this has been going on for XX weeks.
YOU become a nuisance, calling the police or animal control every morning. The squeaky wheel will get the grease.
I love dogs, and have two of them. I take care of mine. This person is not taking care of hers.
Steve

This is the issue - your neighbor just wants to do whatever the hell she pleases, regardless of how her actions affect others. Letting her dog out for an hour to yap and disturb everyone within earshot is a crime.
Next time you see a neighborhood police car, pull it over and ask what can be done.
Around here, a dog can be left out for 10 minutes unattended, barking. Any longer than that and you're considered a nuiscense, noise-wise. It's a 1-warning and then a $50.00 fine and then a $500.00 fine on the 3rd offense.
That isn't very neighborly.
HA HA Budys Here wrote:

Hi, I'd tell her if she keeps up, I'll sue her for distubance. Sorry to have a neighbor like that. Tony
Call the police every time it happens till it stops. The police will only give 2 or 3 warnings before a court date. She will learn fast the cops will see to that, after the second warning the dog will be quiet. Keep calling.
KRusso6984 wrote:

So make sure you can live your own life. Call the police every morning about 7:05. She will get the idea that to live her life she needs to allow others to live theirs.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

backyard
She's a

She
police
the
how to

I had this same problem w/ a neighbour about 20 years ago. I was working until midnight at the time and sleeping in until 10:00 or so. This neighbour would let the dog out early and let it bark for an hour before letting it back in. One morning I just waited until the owner was heading off to work, stopped his car, introduced myself and told him of my concern. That was the end of it. We never became friends, but never became enemies either.
Peter H
Peter wrote:>I had this same problem w/ a neighbour about 20 years ago. I was working

Very refreshing! Talking to your neighbor! Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

years ago. I was

This neighbour

letting it

off to work,

That was the

either.
I only wish that it had worked with mine. She said "dogs bark" and implied that it was my problem.
Bob

Well, Peter, I took your & some other people's advice & spoke very nicely & politely to her & guess what??? She copped an attitude & told me she couldn't believe I could actually hear her dog in my home with everything closed up. And besides, she told me, she can't control her dog's barking. Plus she can't go out with her because she has things to do inside. So I guess this hasn't ended on a pleasant note, has it??? Now we can't move & we have to live next door to neighbors who could make our lives miserable. That's just what the security guard where I used to work told me might happen.
Krusso, gee get real , grow up , you got good info on not confronting her but to just dial 911 , well she aint your friend never will be never was so wake up and dial 911 when the dog is let out. Oh but now you will be soooo worried she will be mad, so what, let her move. This thread has gone on to far for worth. Remember 911 ,911. They will fix her.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

Agreed in principle, but keep in mind that in many locations 911 is for emergencies only. In my area, I would be fined if I called 911 for a noise complaint. I'm supposed to use the local police station number for "non-emergencies."
Marc
Point is CALL THE POLICE not the neighbor whatever the No

the
&
couldn't
up.
can't
hasn't
next
the
Dear Lady, you have no idea the fountain of information and dirty tricks you have access to if your neighbor decides to be a knucklehead. I am sure that the contributors here will supply you with a list of anonymous harmless practical jokes you can use to give your neighbor an attitude adjustment.
Steve
Harmless? Surely you know better than that. The history of similar threads says otherwise. My offering on one of them was the concept of "sponging".
But alright, the neighbor has been told, and has given the verbal equivalent of "fuck you". So the next step is to reluctantly acknowledge that you'll not likely be trading cake recipes with this next door neighbor. Also verify whether it is rental or owner-occupied. Makes a big difference in the scheme of things, IMO as an enforcement officer.
Time to call in the ones that get paid to respond on your behalf. Look in your governmental/city services portion of the phone book, get the non-emergency number for the police, and call it to find out exactly what your local protocol would be. It isn't like you're the first one with this problem.

you
that

She's a homeowner.
KRusso6984 wrote:

I presume the problem is that you dislike the barking. I presume that because you didn't say. Have you told the neighbor that it is disturbing?
Yes, a dog barking at 6:30 am is a bit much for me to handle. I was going to talk to her, but a security guard at work advised against it, saying the conversation could be either pleasant or extremely unpleasant. My husband will not get involved in talking to her either.
KRusso6984 wrote:

Well, buy the neighbor a crystal ball as a gift then...maybe she can use it to divine that you are unhappy.