Neighbor dog problem

I have a neighbor who lets her little terrier out in her fenced in backyard around 6:30 some mornings & that dog barks for about an hour nonstop. She's a single mother of a 13 y.o. daughter, & has lived there about a year. She doesn't really want a "friendly" relationship with anyone on the street. She just wants to be neighbors & for everyone to live their own lives. Our neighborhood consists of single family homes. I know someone called the police one morning in February because I saw the cop car in front of her house & the dog was outside barking like crazy. This was around 7 am. I don't know how to resolve this issue. I appreciate any & all help.

Thanks.

Reply to
KRusso6984

SSS

Reply to
Nick Hull

This is the issue - your neighbor just wants to do whatever the hell she pleases, regardless of how her actions affect others. Letting her dog out for an hour to yap and disturb everyone within earshot is a crime.

Next time you see a neighborhood police car, pull it over and ask what can be done.

Around here, a dog can be left out for 10 minutes unattended, barking. Any longer than that and you're considered a nuiscense, noise-wise. It's a

1-warning and then a $50.00 fine and then a $500.00 fine on the 3rd offense.

That isn't very neighborly.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Call the police every time it happens till it stops. The police will only give 2 or 3 warnings before a court date. She will learn fast the cops will see to that, after the second warning the dog will be quiet. Keep calling.

Reply to
m Ransley

Hi, I'd tell her if she keeps up, I'll sue her for distubance. Sorry to have a neighbor like that. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

So make sure you can live your own life. Call the police every morning about 7:05. She will get the idea that to live her life she needs to allow others to live theirs.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I had this same problem w/ a neighbour about 20 years ago. I was working until midnight at the time and sleeping in until 10:00 or so. This neighbour would let the dog out early and let it bark for an hour before letting it back in. One morning I just waited until the owner was heading off to work, stopped his car, introduced myself and told him of my concern. That was the end of it. We never became friends, but never became enemies either.

Peter H

Reply to
Peter H

I presume the problem is that you dislike the barking. I presume that because you didn't say. Have you told the neighbor that it is disturbing?

-- dadiOH _____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Peter wrote:>I had this same problem w/ a neighbour about 20 years ago. I was working

Very refreshing! Talking to your neighbor! Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

Reply to
Michael Baugh

Someone named snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (KRusso6984) Proclaimed on 07 Jun 2004 00:25:01 GMT,

Antifreeze. Put a bowl of it near the fence so the dog has access to it.

Reply to
Dog Watcher

Any merit in asking if you can feed the dog and make friends with it?

Maybe if the dog is well fed when it sees someone (you) it may wag its tail off and jump with joy. Let it play with a toy (your donation) and perhaps if it will be well occupied with playing instead of barking. Its a cheap solution to an aggravating problem and may work. If not there's always the dog nuisance complaint alternative.

Reply to
KLM

This is in Denver.

Go Pistons!

Reply to
Skirmishd

Asshole! It's not the dog's fault, it's an owner that should not be allowed to have pets!

Reply to
Lost-In-Translation

Several sponges soaked in bacon grease will also help.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Goes something like this:

Talk to the neighbor first.

If she reins in the dog, problem over.

If she doesn't, call the police every time it STARTS yapping so they can get there WHILE it is yapping.

BE SURE to tell the dispatcher to have the officer contact you so that you can tell them your side of the story and the history, and they won't just get her side.

You can explain to the officer that you DID talk to the owner, and she said, " *********** ", and the dog is still being a nuisance. And that this has been going on for XX weeks.

YOU become a nuisance, calling the police or animal control every morning. The squeaky wheel will get the grease.

I love dogs, and have two of them. I take care of mine. This person is not taking care of hers.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

OK, put the A/F in beer bottles and leave on neighbors porch

Reply to
Rudy

Inconsiderate Bitch!

Tom

Reply to
tflfb

There is no easy solution. You could check your local laws and Animal Control. Your neighbor is being inconsiderate. I would probably try to ignore the situation, at least for some months. It might help to plant a hedge, then the dog will bark in the other direction. It is illegal to harm someone's pet if it is on their property, at least where I live.

Reply to
Phisherman

'I have a neighbor who lets her little terrier out in her fenced in backyard around 6:30 some mornings & that dog barks for about an hour nonstop. She's a single mother of a 13 y.o. daughter, & has lived there about a year. She doesn't really want a "friendly" relationship with anyone on the street. She just wants to be neighbors & for everyone to live their own lives. Our neighborhood consists of single family homes. I know someone called the police one morning in February because I saw the cop car in front of her house & the dog was outside barking like crazy. This was around 7 am. I don't know how to resolve this issue. I appreciate any & all help. Thanks. '

ME: Many dog owners are the most inconsiderate people around. Your answer is : the squeaky wheel gets the grease. No use in dealing with your neighbor on this....call the police dept often and eventually they will give her a citation .

Reply to
HVAC IsFun