neighbor built over my property line

I have a fence that encircles my property and (I believe) it is built 6 inches inside of my property line. A few years ago one of my neighbors poured a concrete walk right up against the fence, i.e. it is 6 inches over the line. I never said anything because it doesn't cause me a problem, however he is now going to sell his house and I think he should cut the walkway back to his edge of the line (at least) before he sells. I haven't talked to him about it yet but I will be doing so soon. I may need to get a surveyor to establish the property line. Then, if my neighbor won't cut his walkway back I may have to take him to court. Does any one here have any suggestions?

Bill S.

Reply to
Patches Forever

You can't tell me that when the neighbor was preparing the area for the sidewalk you didn't question the fact that it looked close to the property line(fence)?

Figure out what the 6 inches of property is worth and sell it to him, myself I wouldn't bother with it this late in the game.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

And then, if your area requires a setback from the property line for fences, are you going to have to move the fence when the new owner complains?

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

"Bob F" wrote in news:A4SdnaYVM5_cuNPYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Yes, my area would make the person move it.

Reply to
Me