neighbor built over my property line

Oh, bullshit. The other guy is responsible for knowing where his property lines are, just like you are. Where you decide to put a fence is irrelevent.

Reply to
Goedjn

Another amateur lawyer at work...

Reply to
glenn P

Did you just wake up after a 3 week nap? Goedjn may be an amateur lawyer, but you are a professional idiot.

Among your gems:

"> >>But basically, for anyone else reading this, if you put up a fence inside

Kindly explain how if someone puts up a fence inside a property line, on their own property, they should be "at least partly liable." As Goedjn pointed out, this is BS as they are 100% liable.

So, you're telling us I couldn't come to your area and find a fence that one property owner paid for and put up 4" inside his own property line? Suppose I have a pool and want to enclose my back yard. Does that mean that unless the neighbor is willing to pay for half of it and put it exactly on the line, that I can't just put one 4" inside on my own property? Or suppose the other lot is undeveloped woods and the owner doesn't want anything to do with a fence? Or I send letters to the owner of the undeveloped lot, who lives in some other state and I get no reply? What would a reasonable person do then? Put the fence slightly inside their own property where they are free to do what they want, or put up a shared fence because you say that's how it has to be?

Controlling a fence means that if I put it slightly within my property line, I have conrol of it, within the limits of any local codes. That means I can decide myself, with no negotiation, what kind of fence I want. That means if it gets damaged, I fix it. I don't have to try to get the neighbor to agree to paying half or trying to collect later, when he changes his mind. Or, if I decide 20 years later that I want to replace it, I can replace it with whatever I damn well please. I don't have to go next door and try to negotiate with some clueless buffoon like you.

Reply to
trader4