Needs repair/replacement for Trane XV90 furnace inducer motor

My inducer motor of Trane XV90 furnace is not working and needs a replacement or repair. I am living in Bellevue WA area.

Could somebody recommend how to fix it (dealer or we can do it ourselves)? How much would it cost?

Very much appreciated.

Reply to
Hilbert

How to fix: Take old one off. Put new one on. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Exactly, it's just a small motor hooked up with 2 wires, held in with bolts. How do you know it's bad? I'm assuming you put a meter to it and got voltage but the motor was not working,right?

Reply to
Mikepier

Bubba;

You forgot the thermostat!

Reply to
Zyp

Get parts you need from arnoldservice.com/

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I got a service man come in and verified that the motor is dead and needs replacement, but he quoted for $965! I searched on the web and the parts is only $350, but the service man from that company won't install that for me if I purchased the parts myself.

So should I just go ahead and buy the one and install myself? From what you said is very simple.

Reply to
Hilbert

What is termostat? Is that something I need to replace as well?

Reply to
Hilbert

Thanks Joe. I did quite a bit of search but it seems I cant find the parts at arnoldservice.com, it doesn't seem to offer a search abilities on their web site. What I need is an ECM Inducer Morot, its model is 5SME44JG2002, 115V,

50/60HZ, 1.3A, 5000RPM. Can you help me to find it on arnoldservice.com so I can order and do it myself? Very much appreciated.
Reply to
Hilbert

I've heard that Trane service is expensive. That sounds like a lot of money, to me. Please install it yourself, only if you are mechanically minded, and comfortable working with electricity.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

How old is your furnace? I'd guess that DIY repair will void the warranty.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I can order and do it myself? Very much

The arnoldservice.com/ website is not exactly a model of efficiency. =46rom YellowBook I found this phone number, 502-237-0460. In this case a one on one conversation might be most productive. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe