Needs repair/replacement for Trane XV90 furnace inducer motor

My inducer motor of Trane XV90 furnace is not working and needs a replacement or repair. I am living in Bellevue WA area.
Could somebody recommend how to fix it (dealer or we can do it ourselves)? How much would it cost?
Very much appreciated.

How to fix: Take old one off. Put new one on. Bubba

Exactly, it's just a small motor hooked up with 2 wires, held in with bolts. How do you know it's bad? I'm assuming you put a meter to it and got voltage but the motor was not working,right?
Mikepier wrote:

Bubba;
You forgot the thermostat!
--
Zyp

What is termostat? Is that something I need to replace as well?

I got a service man come in and verified that the motor is dead and needs replacement, but he quoted for $965! I searched on the web and the parts is only $350, but the service man from that company won't install that for me if I purchased the parts myself.
So should I just go ahead and buy the one and install myself? From what you said is very simple.
I've heard that Trane service is expensive. That sounds like a lot of money, to me. Please install it yourself, only if you are mechanically minded, and comfortable working with electricity.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Get parts you need from arnoldservice.com/
Joe

Thanks Joe. I did quite a bit of search but it seems I cant find the parts at arnoldservice.com, it doesn't seem to offer a search abilities on their web site. What I need is an ECM Inducer Morot, its model is 5SME44JG2002, 115V, 50/60HZ, 1.3A, 5000RPM. Can you help me to find it on arnoldservice.com so I can order and do it myself? Very much appreciated.

The arnoldservice.com/ website is not exactly a model of efficiency. From YellowBook I found this phone number, 502-237-0460. In this case a one on one conversation might be most productive. Good luck.
Joe
How old is your furnace? I'd guess that DIY repair will void the warranty.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus