Needed: manual for sump pump battery backup control

Hi. Where can I get a manual for my sump pump battery backup control - the part with the buttons and lights? It's labeled MasterPlumber Model 539823 Submersible Sump Pump Emergency Back-Up. You can see a picture of it here http://www.homeandbeyond.com/prod-0041142-zoom.html or here http://www.hardwareandtools.com/invt/u539823 . It may be available under other brand names. I'd like to find out how to interpret the various combinations of lights, for ex. all lights on steady, or all lights blinking. Thanks.

Try a google search with the following string & take a look at the results......one has to have the mfr of the pump & you can visit their website or contact customer service
Master Plumber Model 539823 Submersible Sump Pump manual
cheers Bob
" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" wrote:

Doing a little searching, it appears that it's made by Wicor Industries (now owned by Pentair) and is marketed under quite a few brands, including "Ace in the Hole" which is also sold by Simer (confusing! but also, like Wicor, a Wisconsin company so maybe they're related).
Anyway, it looks like the pump described in the following Simer "Ace-In-The-Hole" Model
http://www.simerpump.com/pdf/SIM558.pdf
The picture on the main Simer page really looks like the pics you linked to. Check it out at
http://www.simerpump.com /
The link to the manual is on that page too.

Even a manual wont tell the whole story if it only has idiot lights to tell you the battery condition, use a volt meter battery should be 12.8v or near, 13.3 after a charge. Low volts will sulfate and ruin a battery high voltage will also ruin it. Best would be take the battery to most any place that sells them and have it load tested. www.batteryuniversity.com goes over batteries so you can get the most out of them. Ive heard of those units having the batteries fail after 1 year of almost non use, so the charger would be at fault, I would not trust a few lights to tell me all is well, at least for a few dollars more they could add a volt meter.

Thanks, all. I've got the manual now. And I'll take your advice about testing the batteries.