Need wiring help with a Sears Garage Door Opener

My firned just bought a house that has a Sears Garage Door Opener, 1/4 hp circa 1990, and the remote or door button doesn't work. THe former owner said they've "never worked". It has the two sensors at the door opening but only one lights. I programed a remote for it but it just makes the light blink, as if the garage door was suddenly stopped. It has three terminals on the back, Red, Black and White. The wiring looks a MESS and I think that's at least part of the problem. Is the wiring diagram for this avaialable online anywhere or can someone look in an owners manual for me and give me something to take a stab at? Thanks.
Do you have a model number?
Doordoc www.DoorsAndOpeners.com

the push button should have the terminals marked w/ the same colors/numbers. So whatever color wire is hooked to red on push button hook to red on operator, same for the white terminal. The photo-cells each have 2 wires, one is white & one is white w/ black stripe. Put the white wires on the white terminal & the white/black wires on the black terminal. When you are done there would be 1 wire on red, 3 wires on white, & 2 wires on black. Hope that helps!
Doordoc