Need window parts for Lockwood Double hung windows (2023 Update)

I have have a house full of double hung windows. ( actually only the lower half raises and the upper half stays fixed) The spring has a plastic cover on the upper half which has become brittle and needs to be replaced. Lockwood originally from Canada has gone out of business as far as I can tell. Is that plastic sleeve at all a standard replacement part.for other window manufacture If so where would I find them.

Reply to
hank

Hi Hank, I have that problem too. Want to sell my house but want to have everything in tip top shape. Those darn brittle plastic tubes have fallen apart from the sun. The more I examine it, the more I think it cant be replaced, that the window has to be replaced. Did you find a solution? Mike in Goose Bay, Labrador, NL

Reply to
Mike

These guys take credit cards so maybe they sell retail.

Could you use hose instead?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Try these guys...

"Window-Balances.com will make this process a little easier as 95% of all window balances used in the USA today can be found on our site"

No affiliation, just the first place that popped up. There are more options...

Marilyn Manson

Did you have any luck? I have the same problem. Not finding anything online so far.

Reply to
John