Need to replace Electric Baseboard Heating Units & Replacement Windows

Like I was supposed to know it wasn't split.

Reply to
<kjpro

Ok, so you don&#39;t know much about propane heaters. I have a CO detector. It&#39;s never measured anythimg above 0 with two propane fridges, a propane cookstove, propane dryer, and propane water heater. The only time it squawked was when the kids fired up the gas genny in the attached garage (measured 95). Propane stoves do not give off CO.

Our primary heat is wood. It&#39;s a pleasure, not a chore, and it&#39;s very inexpensive. $450 / year.

Reply to
Steve Spence

You DID NOT just say a propane cookstove doesn&#39;t give off CO?????????????????????????

Isn&#39;t your water heater vented? Guess what... there&#39;s CO going out the flu!!

What brand and model CO Detector do you own? How much did you pay for it? Where did you purchase it?

A quality meter is $200 plus... and not sold in most large retail "chain" stores.

I know quite a bit about LP (Liquified Protroleum) Propane... R-290

Now I suggect that you go read up on the appliances in your home that you know nothing about.

You do realize that burning WOOD creates CO? Or did you assume it was vented to remove the smoke?

Reply to
<kjpro

Gentlemen all gases can kill person it depend on concentration of that gas in the area you are in and when I said all I mean it all the worst are does that person can&#39;t smell are test I lived till I was 15 years old that we had only wood to heat are cook I also lived in bayou country of Louisiana for 7 years where we had open heating heaters power it by propane and I never hear from anyone dieing from CO however precautions must be taking there is the way to add oxygen to the rooms heaters are use for absorbing the CO I can&#39;t say which terminology you wish to use it does not make difference as long it comes out to same thing reduction of CO safe for personal living

Dido say that

Reply to
AKS

FINTANUK (INCOMPETENT FRAUDSTERS) UNLOCK THE SECRET CODE TO SCREWING UP YOUR BUSINESS, AS PIONEERED BY LEE TWAT INGRAM = INCOMPETENT MORON. LET&#39;S READ MORE ABOUT THE SECRET CODE TO BUSINESS FAILURE, LEE YOU TWAT.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE RETARDED FINTANUK FRAUDSTERS.

Reply to
Lee Twat Ingram

We don&#39;t live in barns no more.

We also have indoor plumbing.

CO has many effects whether you realize it&#39;s happening to you or not.

Reply to
<kjpro

If a propane burner is emitting CO, then it&#39;s not adjusted properly. Our gas company measured 13 ppm using the air-free method.

The CO emitted from a woodstove goes up the chimney, not into a house.

Reply to
Steve Spence

If a propane burner can burn so clean....... WHY ARE THEY VENTED?????????

And while we are on it... WHY ARE THEY NOT 100% EFFICIENT?????????

Get a clue man, you&#39;re DANGEROUS!!!!!

Reply to
<kjpro

You&#39;re simply wrong on this. CO is a normal product of the combustion of any fossil fuel. The normal levels are quite low for equipment that&#39;s running properly.

Is your CO detector UL listed? If so, it CAN NOT display any notice of CO until it&#39;s at 70ppm for at least 4 hours. OSHA 8 hour weighted average is >

Reply to
Steve Scott

Around here we call them EOR End Of Row like in rowhouses

Reply to
Tekkie®

Not all propane appliances are vented. Cooking ranges, fireplaces, and others are designed that way. Spreading misinformation is dangerous, but then you seem to know more than the manufacturers. A non-vented propane fireplace is 100% efficient, since none of the heat goes up a chimney.

Reply to
Steve Spence

Yeah I forgot... EVERYONE keeps their units in tip top shape!

And if these PROPANE heaters are so well made, burn efficiently, don&#39;t give off deadly CO fumes... EVERYBODY would be going to them.

Guess what... that&#39;s not happening SHERLOCK!

Ever come across a furnace or boiler that pegs your CO meter? I have... now guess what would have happened if they were VENTLESS.

OH MY GAWD..... lets say your safe because your meter is UL approved!

You just showed your stupidity with this post.

Would you rather have a meter that sounds an alarm at 9 PPM or 70 PPM.

I think you have brain damage from inhaling to many Carbon Monoxide fumes!!!!!

Reply to
<kjpro

VENTED?????????

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!

Just because they are UNVENTED, doesn&#39;t mean they don&#39;t produce CO.

And if they were 100% efficient... they wouldn&#39;t be creating CO... DIPSHIT.

Reply to
<kjpro

Jeffrey Lebowski

Dude, Have you read the first two pages of those "non-vented" 100% efficient heaters? Bythe time you finish reading all the warnings and precautions you&#39;ll think twice before using a non vented appliance. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

You showed your brain damage by thinking I posted that.

Reply to
Steve Spence

Is my post incorrect? Did I say you posted that?

Please keep up or stay on the porch.

I for one, know that Steve Scott knows his shit. Unlike you.

Reply to
<kjpro

I don&#39;t have time for rude little posers like you. I&#39;ve been running and fixing propane equipment for years. I take precautions, but I&#39;m not scared of it like you are. It&#39;s very common equipment among us off-gridders, with years of worry free performance. If you value scott&#39;s opinion so much, why did you mark his post as being stupid? Whatever, you aren&#39;t worth the trouble. bbye now.

Reply to
Steve Spence

quoting from that source.....

Chemical equation

Generally, the chemical equation for stoichiometric burning of hydrocarbon in oxygen is as follows:

C_xH_y + (x + \\frac{y}{4})O_2 \\rightarrow \\; xCO_2 + (\\frac{y}{2})H_2O

For example, the burning of propane is:

C_3H_8 + 5O_2 \\rightarrow \\; 3CO_2 + 4H_2O

The simple word equation for the combustion of a hydrocarbon in oxygen is:

\\textrm{Fuel} + \\textrm{Oxygen} \\rightarrow \\; \\textrm{Heat} + \\textrm{Water} + \\textrm{Carbon\\ dioxide}

If the combustion takes place using air as the oxygen source, the corresponding equations are:

C_xH_y + (x+ \\frac{y}{4})O_2 + 3.76(x+ \\frac{y}{4})N_2 \\rightarrow \\; xCO_2 + (\\frac{y}{2})H_2O + 3.76(x + \\frac{y}{4})N_2

For example, the burning of propane is:

C_3H_8 + 5O_2 + 18.8N_2 \\rightarrow \\; 3CO_2 + 4H_2O + 18.8N_2

The simple word equation for the combustion of a hydrocarbon in air is:

\\textrm{Fuel} + \\textrm{Air} \\rightarrow \\; \\textrm{Heat} + \\textrm{Water} + \\textrm{Carbon\\ dioxide} + \\textrm{Nitrogen}

bottom line, I couldnt see where CO by itself is produced.......by combusting propane and oxygen or propane and air..... co2, yes, co, no.

Reply to
gofish

Fish,

Yes I know this--here&#39;s where it does get produced :

Jeffrey Lebowski