Need to Remove SuperGlue from finger

Wait for the skin to fall off, as it will in a couple of days.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

THAT needs surgery.

-- Oren

Oren

Nail polish remover.

Reply to
tnom

I think I have oily skin. I've never even been able to glue my fingers together.

Your story reminds me.

One time, in my sleep, I stuck my fist through the window next to the bed.

I was visiting my parents, and my mother heard the breaking glass and came in and said What's wrong. I said, Nothing, go back to sleep.

Then she turned the light on and there was glass and blood all over the bed. And I think I saw blood spurting about 5 inches from my wrist.

My first reaction was to grab it with my other hand and put my thumb on the spurt. I got up and went to the kitchend and sat that way for a while, and my mother kept suggesting we go to the hospital. I hate the though of stitches, had never had any then, and I just kept my thumb on my wrist for about 3 hours. When I finally took it off, it wasn't bleeding, so I went back to bed. I think I saw it spurting, and but I'm not 100% sure. I also think there is a scar there but it's little and hard to tell.

Reply to
mm

boy, I wish I knew of that when years ago I went to the E.R. for 5 stitches and they sent me a bill for over $500.00 u.s.

10 minutes of their time. talk about a rip-off. I was ignorant enough to pay it w/o bargaining it down. But, then you can learn from my errors. don't forget to thank me. G.
Reply to
Karma Ghia

Your Mama didn't know how to call 911? Spurting blood means call the EMTs, no matter what the victim says. Last time I did a stupid that required stitches (just a slow leak, thankfully), I drove myself to the ER.

aem sends....

Reply to
aemeijers

Pull slowly, and don't apply enough force to tear skin.

And if some of it won't come off, just leave it. It will come off by itself as your skin grows and you shed the outer layers.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Martindale