Need to Remove SuperGlue from finger

THAT needs surgery. -- Oren
Les wrote:

I've used superglue/CA in the shop to close deep cuts when a band-aid is inconvenient or n/a. It doesn't seem to hold long enough as I'd like when used in this fashion - like overnight, & I have to re-apply. It does work well, though if you can seal off the blood flow. It saved me from stitches once.
Rob
On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 16:44:56 -0400, trainfan1

I think I have oily skin. I've never even been able to glue my fingers together.
Your story reminds me.
One time, in my sleep, I stuck my fist through the window next to the bed.
I was visiting my parents, and my mother heard the breaking glass and came in and said What's wrong. I said, Nothing, go back to sleep.
Then she turned the light on and there was glass and blood all over the bed. And I think I saw blood spurting about 5 inches from my wrist.
My first reaction was to grab it with my other hand and put my thumb on the spurt. I got up and went to the kitchend and sat that way for a while, and my mother kept suggesting we go to the hospital. I hate the though of stitches, had never had any then, and I just kept my thumb on my wrist for about 3 hours. When I finally took it off, it wasn't bleeding, so I went back to bed. I think I saw it spurting, and but I'm not 100% sure. I also think there is a scar there but it's little and hard to tell.

no matter what the victim says. Last time I did a stupid that required stitches (just a slow leak, thankfully), I drove myself to the ER.
aem sends....

boy, I wish I knew of that when years ago I went to the E.R. for 5 stitches and they sent me a bill for over $500.00 u.s. 10 minutes of their time. talk about a rip-off. I was ignorant enough to pay it w/o bargaining it down. But, then you can learn from my errors. don't forget to thank me. G.
--

Money: What a concept?

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 13:50:55 -0400, "Les"

Wait for the skin to fall off, as it will in a couple of days.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com