Need to identify a ceiling bracket.

Here is a Pic:

Now, i am talking about the bracket that it installed on the ceiling (sort of orange color in the middle, and paint on the sides) , NOT the shiny one that has the bulbs. What is it called so that i can tell someone at homedepot as to what i want? It is about 1 inch think and 8 inches in diameter. It also has various screw holes in different positions, so it might be a universal bracket of some sort.

Thanks.

Here is another closer, but blurrier pic:

gk245

It looks like a surface mount box. Judging by the wiring, there may be code issues...

Is there a reason you want to go surface mount and not just put an "old work" box in the ceiling?

NJBrad

Reply to
Brad Bruce

I was going to say it was a wire mold box until I re-read your description.

8 inches is pretty big. Chances are it is a ceiling sconce. Fans and heavy fixtures should be supported directly from the structure or and "approved box"
Reply to
SQLit

I work in Home Depot electrical and we have nothing that looks like that. Sorry.

I would remove the light completely, then remove this "bracket" and see what's up there behind the bracket. Then we could help you with a replacement..

description.

Reply to
Curmudgeon

testing, please ignore this post.

Reply to
gk245

It is an old Wiremold box. However the eight inch diameter is no longer in the catalog. Wiremold #V5738A (Extension Box Open Base) is 6 3/8" and appears to be the largest currently available. I would not be surprised if some old electrical supply houses still have the eight inch model on their shelves.

John Grabowski

John Grabowski

Oops. My mistake. The correct Wiremold number for the 6 3/8" is V5739A

John Grabowski

John Grabowski

Print the image and take it with to the "holy H".

Reply to
Joe Fabeitz

description.

Yeah, it's a Wiremold "Circular Fixture Box" (BF4).....can't miss that Wiremold orange.

Reply to
volts500

I got the bracket from HD, it is what John said it was, a wiremold. There are tons of em at HD and the guy knew exactly what it was by looking at the pic.

Thanks all. :)

Reply to
gk245