Need to identify a ceiling bracket.

Here is a Pic:
http://files.photojerk.com/sk545/IM000444.jpg
Now, i am talking about the bracket that it installed on the ceiling (sort of orange color in the middle, and paint on the sides) , NOT the shiny one that has the bulbs. What is it called so that i can tell someone at homedepot as to what i want? It is about 1 inch think and 8 inches in diameter. It also has various screw holes in different positions, so it might be a universal bracket of some sort.
Thanks.
Here is another closer, but blurrier pic:
http://files.photojerk.com/sk545/IM000445.jpg
gk245 wrote:

It looks like a surface mount box. Judging by the wiring, there may be code issues...
Is there a reason you want to go surface mount and not just put an "old work" box in the ceiling?
NJBrad

I was going to say it was a wire mold box until I re-read your description. 8 inches is pretty big. Chances are it is a ceiling sconce. Fans and heavy fixtures should be supported directly from the structure or and "approved box"
I work in Home Depot electrical and we have nothing that looks like that. Sorry.
I would remove the light completely, then remove this "bracket" and see what's up there behind the bracket. Then we could help you with a replacement..

testing, please ignore this post.
--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2 /

Yeah, it's a Wiremold "Circular Fixture Box" (BF4).....can't miss that Wiremold orange.
It is an old Wiremold box. However the eight inch diameter is no longer in the catalog. Wiremold #V5738A (Extension Box Open Base) is 6 3/8" and appears to be the largest currently available. I would not be surprised if some old electrical supply houses still have the eight inch model on their shelves.

Oops. My mistake. The correct Wiremold number for the 6 3/8" is V5739A

Print the image and take it with to the "holy H".

I got the bracket from HD, it is what John said it was, a wiremold. There are tons of em at HD and the guy knew exactly what it was by looking at the pic.
Thanks all. :)
--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2 /