Need to have 2 heat thermostats in house....

Hi there,

I need to have a second (just heat) thermostat connected to my Armstrong SX-80 furnace.

There is a basement suite tenant living in my house, so we need to be able to have her turn on the furnace when she arrives home independently of the main thermostat upstairs.

The house is A/Ced so the thermostat upstairs is integrated with the A/C.

The one for the basement.....I tried bypassing just the 2 wires leading from the furnace and connecting them to fire it up, but it would not work that way....

What is the way to do this please?

Thanks,

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Rattray

Time to call an pro. The path your trying to take will be unsatisfactory for you and the tenant

Reply to
SQLit

Hi Gordon, hope you are having a nice day

On 05-Nov-04 At About 13:47:54, Gordon Rattray wrote to All Subject: Need to have 2 heat thermostats in house....

GR> From: Gordon Rattray

GR> Hi there,

GR> I need to have a second (just heat) thermostat connected to my GR> Armstrong SX-80 furnace.

GR> There is a basement suite tenant living in my house, so we need to be GR> able to have her turn on the furnace when she arrives home GR> independently of the main thermostat upstairs.

GR> The house is A/Ced so the thermostat upstairs is integrated with the GR> A/C.

GR> The one for the basement.....I tried bypassing just the 2 wires GR> leading from the furnace and connecting them to fire it up, but it GR> would not work that way....

GR> What is the way to do this please?

what you really need to do is get a heating unit for the basement alone. adding a second stat on yours will only add more problems. your area may be satisfied but when she turns it up in the basement your area will roast.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2