Need to fill holes in brick and mortar

We had some lights mounted to the brick on our fireplace. My wife says they have gone out of style and she bought some new ones to take their place. As luck would have it the mounting holes for the new lights are not in the same location as the old lights -- not even close.
I need to fill in a couple holes, about 1/2" in diameter in some brick and also a couple in some black mortar. I hadn't considered using mortar, maybe I should, but if I don't what would be the next best product to use?
Thanks.

LOL. She doesn't notice things like small holes in fireplace facades, but just let me look at a nice pair of tits...
On Sun, 17 May 2015 18:45:44 -0500, Gordon Shumway

Sanded grout works good for patching holes like that - Use a bit of pigment to tint it to match. Another thing that works sometimes is a "sanded" silicone caulk if you can buy it in a matching colour. The sanded caulk has a finish that blends in fairly well - not quite as good as grout.
On Sun, 17 May 2015 19:56:01 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Sanded grout is a great idea. I have some left over from a back splash install a few years ago. Thanks.
On Sun, 17 May 2015 19:56:01 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

THey also sell a caulk thats made for brick and looks like mortar. Probably the easiest way to fix this.
On Sun, 17 May 2015 19:42:59 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

That's the sanded silicone caulk I mentioned. It is available in colours to match sanded grouts.
On 5/17/2015 7:12 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

I'd use colored caulk of some sort. Assuming the holes do not go all the way though, most anything will work as long as the color is close.

Most lights are fastened to the electrical utility box (must be, by code) and occaisionally have secondary mountings. Sounds like the secondaries are not close to where the new light brackets are located.

Bob, as usual you have a warped view of the world. It's unfortunate you need a picture to figure out what everyone else was able to figure out without one.
Get a life.
On 5/17/2015 7:12 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

You have a long thread going for something that is relatively simple. First thing that comes to mind is latex sanded stucco patch. All big box stores probably carry it. It is workable and paintable, and with a little practice one should be able to match texture precisely....either smoothe with a putty knife or push it in with fingers and dab surface with a stiff brush to match texture of brick or mortar. A little acryllic hobby paint to match color. Done. I certainly would not want to bother with mortar for something so small.
Or if feasible, build a wood something to hold the new fixture and and run wires behind from the old holes. Or forget mounting lights on the dang brick and put 'em on the wall or ceiling :o)