Need to convince the wife that it's crud on her countertop (not grout)

I wish! I would be happy with just a pension. Or, a 401K worth what I put in it.

Think about it. If I were disabled, I couldn't do all the stuff I do to maintain the house without it falling off the hillside, sliding on wheels on the way down!

Besides, IMHO, 99% of people on disability are faking it, (just like all those fakes with handicap parking stickers as they pull the golf bags out of the trunk).

Of course, I don't know personally of a single person on disability, so I get my statistics from the Long Island Railroad and the Justice Department:

Danny D

I've been called a zillion things in my life, but "lazy" has never ever been uttered in my presence.

Interesting ... that constant activity to do a job yourself ... and to do it right ... constitutes lazy in your mind?

And, posting pictures, following up on all comments, looking up references, following through on (most) suggestions, etc., also constitutes lazy?

Interesting vocabulary you have there ... :)

PS: I didn't look up the bugger part ... 'cuz I have a suspicion as to what *that* means in your vocabulary!

Reply to
Danny D

You have to learn to ignore some people. That's one of the dumber things I've heard recently.

I think your wife needs to buy something to glue you in place for a while. Maybe she could get your doctor to prescribe some sedatives.

What ever possessed you to use a brass brush?

Reply to
Dan Espen

Caution. Modern ovens are self cleaning. Don't be going the chemical route on self cleaning ovens.

Reply to
Dan Espen

No way.

I know a few people that really are disabled and collect. I also know people that are disabled and unable to navigate the bureaucracy and should collect but don't.

A parking ticket a while back had me in a court seeing some of our citizens on disability. Sad cases, possibly physically fit but completely unable to control themselves enough to stay employed. I don't know what we can do about them, but they are disabled by any reasonable definition of the term.

One guy was a vet that had lost his grip on reality.

Anyway, I have no idea what the percentage is, but 99% is nuts. If it were that easy, the periodic audits would show the problem and the government would scale up investigations and clean up the problem.

I've been in a position to retire for quite a few years now. I'm going to keep going until I can't do it anymore.

Reply to
Dan Espen

It does have a "Clean" button, but I'll need to google for the instructions to figure out how to use it.

(Or is it as simple as you just press the thing? Or do you put water inside, or a cleaning solution?)

Reply to
Danny D

lol why do I get the impression you are trying to make fools of the good folk here:)

Reply to
Ophelia

that's why god invented self cleaning ovens. i just run a cycle, and there's nothing left but a white-ish powder. i just don't that often in the summertime because it adds a lot of heat into the house.

Reply to
chaniarts

He needs to take it out of the kitchen and hit it with a sandblaster and power washer. Of course he'll probably use gasoline and blow it up.

Just sayin'.

Reply to
Nunya Bidnits

Meoww...

Reply to
Attila Iskander

Don't bother him, he's busy trying to make toothpaste out of kerosene.

And he apparently has no clue he's crossposting.

Reply to
Nunya Bidnits

can you say "anal"?

Reply to
ChairMan

lol

Or maybe ...

Reply to
Ophelia

On mine, you press clean, then the option for how long you want to clean, starts at 2 hours and you can increase or decrease. Within a minute the door locks and the cleaning starts. When the cleaning is over, the door will stay locked until cooling down is completed, then wipe down the whole interior with a damp cloth, and a little elbow grease on the glass door. I love the self cleaning ovens, but you do need to do it before the oven is completely nasty to get the best results.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

Instructions are online. Remove anything loose with damp rag, close, engage lock, press clean. Temperature in oven goes to 500F.

Turn on exhaust fan and do in summer with doors and windows open if you can.

After done, wipe away ashes with damp rag.

Do not use cleaners ever.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Yea, that was dumb.

Luckily, this morning I easily got rid of the pretty lady on the mustard bottles without a brush, because my

20-something kid remarked over the memorial day weekend that it was "sexist" ...
Danny D

Danny D wrote in news:ko82tr$au2$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

Well now it has, so add it to the list.

Reply to
JoeBro

LOL

Yep, sedatives are in order.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Do it at a time when it won't be needed. Live overnight. Be prepared for a smokey smell. Push the button. Then slide the lock on the door. It's that simple.

Reply to
Julie Bove

You worry too much. If it's bread, it will be baked. If it's pasta, it will be cooked. Germs likely killed by heat; just consider any grit to be high fiber. HTH.

Reply to
Melba's Jammin'