Need to convince the wife that it's crud on her countertop (not grout)

Page 3 of 6
On Fri, 31 May 2013 10:39:40 -0700, DD_BobK wrote:

I agree. The NY Times said it was only 97%. And even then, only for that particular year.

I would suggest that while still able, you spend some part of your daily routine doing volunteer work applying and passing on knowledge in your field of expertise. Then also look ahead at what your expectations of future ability are, and plan something around that. it will force you out of the house for a few hours a day, and allow your wife to adapt to your increased and increasing presence.
Attila Iskander wrote:

Desire to learn? Asking around? Learning comes from doing yourself. Sounds like you are lazy bugger. I don't have enough time at hand every day. There are lots to do around and many books to read. I average 2-3 books a month on eReader. Next six month I am teaching seniors computer introductory class. At completion of the class they will be able to use email, use word processing, surf i'net, use skype and roam with laptop on WiFi hot spots. I am a senior as well. LOL! going onto 80.

On Thu, 30 May 2013 09:42:12 -0600, Tony Hwang wrote:

I've been called a zillion things in my life, but "lazy" has never ever been uttered in my presence.
Interesting ... that constant activity to do a job yourself ... and to do it right ... constitutes lazy in your mind?
And, posting pictures, following up on all comments, looking up references, following through on (most) suggestions, etc., also constitutes lazy?
Interesting vocabulary you have there ... :)
PS: I didn't look up the bugger part ... 'cuz I have a suspicion as to what *that* means in your vocabulary!

You have to learn to ignore some people. That's one of the dumber things I've heard recently.
I think your wife needs to buy something to glue you in place for a while. Maybe she could get your doctor to prescribe some sedatives.
What ever possessed you to use a brass brush?
--
Dan Espen

On Thu, 30 May 2013 13:53:55 -0400, Dan Espen wrote:

Yea, that was dumb.
Luckily, this morning I easily got rid of the pretty lady on the mustard bottles without a brush, because my 20-something kid remarked over the memorial day weekend that it was "sexist" ...

LOL
Yep, sedatives are in order.
--
Dan Espen

and a bitchslap to the kid
On 5/30/2013 4:23 PM, Dan Espen wrote:

I came up with an invention years ago called "Stay Put!". It is for toddlers who won't stay put to get their socks and shoes put on or to take their medicines. The devise is a line of clothing or a vest with Velcro on the back and a matching patch of Velcro to be attached to a wall or immobile object of your choice. I never had the money to develop or market it but I know it would sell to parents of young children and I'll bet the caregivers for old children could use it too. ^_^
TDD
On Fri, 31 May 2013 11:21:41 -0700, Oren wrote:

How do you know if I'm African American or not?
:)
On Friday, May 31, 2013 12:42:34 PM UTC-6, Danny D wrote:

Whoever came up with that terminology "African American" should have been thoroughly thrashed. One is either "African" or American".
There are lots of black pigmented people who don't fit any of those descriptions.
On 5/31/2013 2:09 PM, Roy wrote:

The only African American I really know of is our President Obama. His father was African and his mother, American. ^_^
TDD

Oren-

You're gonna scare him again... I guess anyone with a brain & who pays attention is scary?

Well now it has, so add it to the list.
On Thu, 30 May 2013 20:43:56 +0000, JoeBro wrote:

That makes dumb, stupid, ocd, & lazy to be added, and that's just from this one thread alone!
:)

I "retired" six years ago and she kept working. When I got the honeydo list done she wouldn't let me make sawdust anymore (house on the market) so I get another job - 600mi away. ;-)
We just moved, again, and now she can't find a job so has decided to retire. *I* was supposed to do that first (again).

Boy does that bring back bad memories! It wasn't even knowing which one I'd come home to, it would change in an instant. That was a decade back, though.
On Thu, 30 May 2013 07:28:11 -0700, Oren wrote:

Maybe that's what I have there. Dunno actually. I never thought about it before, but those connections are crappy.
Seems to me a countertop shouldn't have *any* joints except those which are absolutely necessary.
But, it is what it is; all I can do is clean it.

I love spending time with my wife. That is because we spend time apart. No plans to retire until I'm 70+. Besides, I have a job I really like.

really? then why all the follow posts & annotated photos?
Roy wrote:

It would be OCD if he did it every day, whether or not the crud was there, but every once in a while? I do my grout with Simple Green and a toothbrush every hour. :-)
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY