Need thoughts on new gas furnace and central AC

Tony,

You are attempting to optimize and balance the following:

- Comfort & convenience

- Capital outlay (purchase price)

- Future maintenance costs

- Future operating costs

To do this properly, you need to evaluate 3 separate items and determine how to spread your capital among the three:

- Furnace unit

- AC unit

- Passive systems

Your passive systems include attic & wall insulation, caulking (including the attic), attic venting, windows, storm windows, etc. I just want to point this out, because this part of the equation is often overlooked.

For example, many homeowners fail to consider issues such as the fact that the difference in cost between a high efficiency & a super high efficiency furnace could be more cost-effective if put into additional attic insulation. Or into storm windows.

This is all especially true since many of the upgrades to passive systems are easy to do yourself.

Gideon .

Reply to
Gideon

message

furnace for my home are about 20

failing... enough repairs in

has to go. The central AC

words. Let me try to shoot

choice of brands. Now the

the whole system out. it's

complete change out when time

system.

can.

so I had looked at both web

area, but a few Rheem

identical? (except for the

upflow design. I see some on

understand the theoretical

confuses me is that the upper

that option.

support things like

Aprilaire humidifier

pleased with it. Does Rheem

that does a good job (not

Why don't you just take a sales call from a professional. I'm just an office girl but he can tell you how similar different brands are and offer you systems in different price ranges to fit you needs. Call me tomorrow and I'll set one up for you. There's certainly no cost to you for an estimate. If you prefer to use e-mail rather than a face to face meeting I'm game for that. Send me your questions. snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net or just take the BUG out of the address I'm using here. The internet is a wonderful thing but experience and quality service and installation _is_very_Important. I posted the link to the website last week but I didn't hear from you. Here it is again:

I didn't know the e-mail link was dead. A guy did call from Washington Twp asking about RUDD equipment but his name wasn't Tony. One note as you do your research, the rebates for high-efficiency, variable speed heaters were increased to $400 on Sept. first and there are rumors of the A/C rebate being changed in the near future. Get a couple estimates, talk to thier references and then call me when you are ready to get serious. We might not be the lowest bid you get but we won't be the highest and our reputation around town is damn good. Customer satisfaction is a high priority. We do alot in Cherry Hill.

Kathy

P.S. I'll get on that webmasters' ass tomorrow.

Reply to
Kathy