Need temporary fix for ceiling rain leak

Page 4 of 4
On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 09:27:55 -0500, "Steven L."

On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 09:27:55 -0500, "Steven L."

Steven, whatever you do, just want to wish you luck especially with the snow storm coming. If possible, can you keep us up to date down the road? Stay warm and safe.

tonight too.
Some vertical snow in north eastern USA, also.

Looks like a bunch of "horizontal snow" around south central ontario tonight too.
On 2/7/2013 6:57 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

What's the last time a nor'easter dumped 24" of snow up there? That's a lot! Stay safe, and hope it isn't as bad as they are forecasting :o)

Six years ago (on Valentines day) we got 36" and another 24" a month later (St. Pat's day). Fortunately, that was about it for the year so there was a place to put it all.
On 2/7/2013 6:29 PM, Doug wrote:

Thanks, I appreciate it.
The good news is that my ceiling survived the blizzard and subsequent thaw!
But I suspect that it was my own desperate repair--rather than the maintenance people's repairs--that did the trick.
When I looked at the outside wall from the vantage point of my own deck, I could see some HUGE holes in the mortar (I could stuff 4 of my fingers right between the bricks), at just above the point where the leak stains are visible in my ceiling.
That cannot be a coincidence!
So THAT is the hole I plugged myself. And I think that did the trick.
--
Steven L.

Steven L. wrote:

Thanks for the follow-up update. Seems like you fixed it, at least temporarily. And, since you wrote:

I think that is probably where the problem is located.

I stayed at a motor lodge. I read bad reviews about the place. Upon entering room, found at Least one leak between beds. It quit raining a day or two beforehand. The one odd thing was a large rectangular box in the hallway. I kept looking at it thinking, was that to catch a water drip ? I didn't want to investigate. Wedding reception was great.
Greg