Need suggestions on Whole House water softener and filtering system

Any particular vendors that I should either be or (not be) talking to???
Recommendations or complaints??
If necessary, reply to: Greg Remove Dot Remove CA Remove AT remove remove Comcast remove Dot remove net remove remove

water isn't good for plants, whether houseplants or a lawn. Many people don't like the taste of soft water, either, and people on sodium-restricted diets should not drink soft water, so the cold side of the kitchen sink is a good choice for the indoor hard water faucet. Not a bad idea to have one outdoor faucet, next to the driveway, on soft water for washing your car.