Need suggestion for heater.

I have a rental house that has a gas heater in the rear of the house but the house really needs some kind of heat in the front part. Originally there was an oil furnace in the front part which was eliminated at some time and the space filled in as a closet. When the back part was added on the gas heater was installed. I've had the gas company out and they say there is no where to put another heater that would be safe and they do not put gas heaters in bedrooms. Fortunately my current tenants don't mind the cool part of the house but they will be moving soon and if I rent to a family with children they will need more heat. I'm at a loss how and where to add more heat. Is there such a thing as installing baseboard heaters near the ceiling or does someone have a better idea? TIA

Reply to
Dinah

Depending on how cold it gets (how many BTU are needed), this could be an application for a gas-fired water heater. Maybe there is an existing one already. Anyway, the heater can be piped thru a small circulating pump to feed baseboard convectors. But they should be installed on the baseboard of the wall, not near the ceiling.

Then there is electric baseboard heat, depending on the rate structure it may be much more expensive to operate.

You'll need to get a competent heating contractor in at some point to evaluate the heating load and what various schemes might be applicable to the house construction and layout.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

This is Turtle.

Electric base board heater and like Jim said they can be a little expencive to operate but you don't pay the fuel bill do you ?

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE