need some helps for pool safety cover!!!

Hi guys, I am looking to buy a pool safety cover and need some advice if you're so kind:
1. I've a cheap pool cover. whenever I need to open the pool, it takes me lots of energy and time to remove the water and leaves trapped on the pool cover. I heard if I switch to safety cover, I can save lots of time. is it true?
2. If switch to safety cover, will the rain just come through the cover? does that mean I've to pump out the excess water after winterization?
3. I've a Roman style pool. can I just buy a rectangle safety cover? the roman cover is just $500 more. I assume as loong as I can cover the whole pool, it doesn't matter...does it?
thanks for the help JJ