Need some bathroom advice

Hi everyone,
I am planning on doing some major renovations in the bathroom in the basement of my house and I really need some advice. The bathroom was gutted out several years ago when some extensive plumbing work was done and it was never "put back together again". As it was, the bathroom had a small stall shower installed in the corner, to the left of the window. Now, the problem is this. I would like to get a whirlpool bathtub for this room so that it can be used as a bathtub and shower combination. My problem is that this bathroom has a window on the wall where I would want to the bathtub to go. In other words, if you were to stand there taking a shower, water would be splattering on the window.
Is there some sort of way around this that anyone here might know of??
Thank you
first check the altitude of the sewer compared to thebasement. then see what your local requirements are. see: http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/homeowner.htm
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

On 4 Nov 2006 20:00:33 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Having a window in the shower is only a future head ache. As a home improvement contractor, I run into this as a problem all the time. The paint will always be a problem with the sill and the window. Avoid this it at all possible. If you want to do this setup, we have found that using a marine topside paint (urethane) will hold up better than any interior paint.
-Lee
Hi everyone,
Thank you for all of the advice. I was discussing it with my dad and I think the best thing to do is to perhaps close up most of the window and just use one of those small bathroom exaust fans. The window doesn't really give much light at all. Also, we talked about the possibilty of making the window much smaller so that it wouldn't really get in the way of what we are planning to do in that corner.
Thank you
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

You could put in a glass block window that has a little shutter in the center. If there a ledge, use tile on it, or on the entire wall - if it is DIY, why not splurge on the materials?