Need small pump

I have a problem with a basement leak that only occurs during extremely bad rainstorms. This occurs once every couple of years.
Until the problem is solved I need a small quiet water pump that I can position and run continuously overnight or when I am at work. I plan on attaching a wet vacs floor suction tool that will be directed at the leak. Then I will plumb the output to the sump pump.
I can find small submersibles pumps but not small pumps that will accept plumbing and can be run dry continuously.
Any help about finding a suitable pump would be appreciated.

I wouldn't think "running dry" would be good for a pump. As for a small one, maybe an A/C condensate pump might be adaptable.
snipped-for-privacy@newon.net wrote:

Don't run continuous, install a float switch to turn off when there is water and off when no water.