Need Service Manual for sears Craftsman Garage door opener 139.536006

I just bought a house that has a Sears/Craftsman Garage door opener model 139.536006. The light on the unit will not turn off. Any one have a service manual or know what would cause this. I did not get an owners manual with it.
Thanks,
Larry
Does this unit's wall button include an on/off switch for the light, is it off? Check for a bad ground at the ceiling or wall outlet. You can get the manual for about 5 bucks at http://www3.sears.com
Rich http://www.garagedoorsupply.com

I do not see a light switch on the control. There are only two 18 Ga wires going to the unit. However I will check the ground on the unit as I would almost bet the ground is not connected in the outlet as this is an old house when I go over to the place after work today.

Old_boat wrote:

Many of their manuals are available on the web site.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
it was built by Chamberlain, if that helps you
there website is here: http://www.chamberlain-diy.com/diy04/home /