Need rust repair advise

I have a couple hundred feet of chain link fencing that I need to replace since it's pretty well done in from rust. It took about thirteen years to get this way.
I'm using the same poles but putting up new chain link. Some of the poles have some surface rust that has developed on them. Can someone advise me as to what would be a good product to use to keep the rust from coming back after I remove it? Thanks.....

Paint
"Extend"
Auto parts stores carry it. It is used for rust/bodywork on old cars.
I would just use Rust-Oleum.
Cold galvanizing compound in spray can. It is some tough stuff, but it will look like primer on the surface. I use it on our chain link fencing for our bulk gas plant for touchups each year.
RJ