Need Recommendations on Central A/C Units (Carrier, Lennox or Trane?)

I'm looking to have a central air conditioning unit installed for my house and would appreciate some feedback between Trane, Lennox and Carrier. My house is a 2200sq/ft bi-level, meaning that it does not have a true basement. About half of my my lower level floor walls are above ground, where as the typical basement walls are almost all below ground level.

Most of the whole house A/C installation installation companies in my town either carry Trane, Lennox or Carrier, and thought I'd seek some opinions about the three in here first.

I guess what is more important to me would be finding out who generally makes the most reliable central A/C units. I understand that I should consider the SEER numbers when considering to purchase a central A/C unit, but that will depend on the models available.

Any input or feedback would be greatly appreciated since this will be my first time ever purchasing a central A/C unit. Thanks for your time and courtesy.

Reply to
No Way

With comparably priced units don't think there's much to choose on the units themselves -- I'd judge more on competent installation and service.

Reply to
dpb

Those 3 manufacturers are very reputable. I don't see a problem with any of them. More importantly you need a good contractor who knows his stuff and can design and install a CAC in your house correctly. In general, the return air system is crucial as this is how heat and humidity is removed from your living area. Regardless of how many air supply ducts in your ceiling, if you don't have a good return duct system,your house will not be cool properly.

Reply to
Mikepier

You can also look into Amana and York. And like another poster said, quality installation and service are paramount and should be considered equally as well.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Great, great, guys. Thanks for your timely replies. Really appreciate it.

Reply to
No Way