Need recommendation for knee pads

Every set of knee pads I seem to buy dig into the back of my legs and drive me crazy after an hour of use or they keep sliding down and I'm constantly having to pull them up. Does anybody have a recommendation for some that are comfortable to wear and don't tend to slide down?
Thanks-in-advance
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5443 (20100911) __________
http://www.eset.com
Add pictures here
✖

This is what I use: http://www.lowes.com/pd_264003-1492-2L-324_0_?productId029173 I've found that the tendency to slide down is much reduced by criss-crossing the straps.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 11, 9:15 pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:
thome.net> wrote:

try a sports store and look at the kind indoor volleyball players use
Mark
Add pictures here
✖
On 9/11/2010 8:59 PM, CraigT wrote:

I've had pretty good luck with the ones from HF- sort of a brownish gray rubber with black straps. They do wanna creep down a little, but they don't cut off my circulation or anything. I find wearing them with the right pants makes a big difference on the sliding problem.
Remember when we didn't NEED knee pads to weed garden, scrub tub, or crawl around in the attic? :^/
--
aem sends...

Add pictures here
✖

I cannot remember that far back. (G) ww
Add pictures here
✖

me either - It is sad
Add pictures here
✖
On 9/11/2010 8:28 PM, aemeijers wrote:

I remember when White House interns needed them. 8-)
TDD
Add pictures here
✖

It's changed?
Add pictures here
✖
On 9/11/2010 6:28 PM aemeijers spake thus:

I have a pair also from HF that work well for me, but instead of rubber, they're padded fabric with plastic caps on the outside. Two sets of Velcro straps. Don't slip down too bad, and if you adjust them they're very comfortable. Cheap, too: I think I paid $3-4 for them.
✖

I think these are the original of the HF knock to which David refers.
http://www.magidglove.com/Alta-Proline-50900-Knee-Pad-50900.aspx
I started using this model knee pad ~25 years ago. They're not perfect (they slip down) but they're the best I've found.
When I'm doing any physical work (gardening, demo, construction), I wear them for hours without discomfort Knee pads allow me to use the kneeling position without concern about knee injury.
imo, doing physical work without knee pads is akin to working bare footed. Knee pads greatly increase comfort, safety, speed & efficiency.
It only takes a split second to inadvertently kneel on a sharp or hard object (tiny pebble or screw) and suffer a permanent knee injury. :(
cheers Bob
Add pictures here
✖

I have a pair of hardish rubber pads that have a foam insert. They work OK, but the straps across the back are almost worse than the abuse to the knees. I only wear them when I'm going to do a *lot* of work on my knees, like flooring. Anything less time on my knees and the straps will cause much more pain.

I still don't wear them for any of that work.
Add pictures here
✖

I know exactly what you mean and have had the same problem on several occasions. For the most part I have given up on using knee pads entirely and have gone instead with a temper foam pad normally used for the gardener. If I am going to spend a lot of time down on my knees I will also use a styraforam pad under the foram pad. The temper foam can also be found in a three foam pad that is thicker and has three densities of foam with the bottom one being very firm. It may not be as convienent as the knee pads but I have found it much easier for me to deal with than the pads.
Add pictures here
✖

I had a pair with hi/low (2) straps. Worked good, but the polyethylene dome on one pad cracked. Still useable.
You might try a rollerblade/skateboard store and look at their kneepads. They make those suckers to protect your knees "at speed", not jes kneeling down in a static position. Many have full length elastic back straps so you have to pull them up over your feet likeXCy leggings.
Bottom line: you get what you pay for.
nb
Add pictures here
✖

I use the Harbor freight cheapies and crisscross the straps. If I'm wearing shorts and not moving around a lot I'll just toss them on the ground and kneel in them
If I was going to be moving around and doing lots of kneeling, I think I'd rig a pair to the bottom of my tool belt with a loose strap to keep them centered. [or maybe sew some Velcro on a pair of 'kneeling pants' and a $4 pair of kneepads.]
I've seen a gardening apron someplace that looked practical- pockets for tools & built in kneepads. A quick Google didn't make the ones I remember appear- but there are some homegrown ones that look adaptable.
Jim
Add pictures here
✖

*I gave up on knee pads a few years ago after trying several brands and styles. Now I just wear these pants (Skillers) when I know that I will be on my knees. The extra pockets are great for carrying parts and small tools. I suggest that you get a pants length one size smaller than usual to have the knee pads land in a better position when kneeling, though the newer styles have adjustments for kneepad height.
http://repconnw.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id !&Itemidq&vmcchk=1&Itemidq
Add pictures here
✖