Need recomendation for quiet compact refrigerator

I need recommendation for *quiet* compact refrigerator, up to about 20 inches across and 32 inches tall.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

Jud McCranie wrote:

Sanyo.
"http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid 048399"
So quiet I have to put my ear against it to see if the compressor is running.

Thanks - that sounds like what I want. I have to go back and measure to make sure it isn't too tall.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

Jud McCranie wrote:

Mine's probably eight years old. Hopefully the current manufacturing runs are as quiet as what I have.
I built an outdoor bar and put the refrigerator under the bar with ventilation panels on the face of the bar for air intake and outflow.
Remember that these small refrigerators are not frost-free.

Consumer Reports is where I would start for ratings, www.energystar.com will give you energy consumption numbers to compare. Google can give recall and overall complaints, some brands really stink.
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 05:45:26 -0700 (PDT), ransley

Sound level is a major factor here because there is no wall or anything between it and the bedroom.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

Jud, check out a brand called Dometic. They manufacture absorption refrigerators for campers and other RV's.
These fridges are not just quiet, they don't use compressors and are therefore dead silent. And they work great.
http://www2.dometicusa.com/refrigerators.php

Thanks, I didn't know about that technology.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

Jud McCranie wrote:

Just avoid anything that uses Peltier elements for cooling, as they don't work well.

I'm looking into Dometic model 2410 and they are pretty expensive, but sound is the major factor.
--
Replace you know what by j to email