Need rebuild or replacement electric motor (2023 Update)

Puget Sound area. I have a very old, hot water radiant heat system, with a B & G motor to circulate the water. The motor is beginning to fail, shutting down, with a distinctive electric burning odor. I've been Googling, but getting nowhere. I'm sure these motors still exist, albeit used. If I can't find one, this could possibly be rebuilt (I have two of them). Any leads to tracking this item down would be appreciated. Stats:

Motor:

Wagner Electric Corp/B & G Type: RB Frame: 57T Model: SY2637 K2926

1/6 HP 1725 RPM Single Phase 60 Cycles 3.1 Amp

Booster: (I have at least one good one)

B & G 189101 - G68 Max water temp 225=B0 (4 bolts to motor)

Thanks

Reply to
uncle K

Grundfos or Taco pumps come in a variety of fittings. The may have directly a swappable replacement.

Reply to
John Keiser

I have a brand new replacement motor for that series circulator that I kept as a spare for our old heating system. I just "found" it when I was looking for something else last weekend.

I am betting that a real plumbing/heating supplier will have one. If not post a followup and we can work out something.

Reply to
George

Don't you have motor rewind shops in your area? There are several that I deal with here in town and this is not a huge city.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Reply to
Evan

@uncle K:

Why on earth would you have the motors on the circ pumps you have installed now rewound when it would be cheaper by far to find new pumps of the same ratings and do some plumbing work to install new flanges and piping to fit them rather than trying in vein to find a slide-in bolt-on user-serviceable replacement part...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan

take sample motor to WW Grainger they can likely match a brand new motor for your needs. you need a buddy with a business to buy there, and pay cash..

there used to be local motor rebuild shops around here i believe the last one closed recently.

and do investigate the pump, it might have a bearing failure making it hard to turn, making the lotor overheat.

finally your very old boiler is likely very inefficent, you should price a whole new boilerr set up.

posters here routinely report they pay for themselves sometimes in less that 3 years

Reply to
bob haller

Check for a substitution here:

and here:

Bob Villa

Can't say I know a lot about hw heating systems but I'm inlcined to say replace the entire unit with a new one. Pump and motor.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

I have a motor similar to what you describe. It is a Wagner type RB model S1264 K3779 1/6 HP 1725 RPM. It works, and I have pictures of it. I don't see a place for attachments here . I am in New Jersey. Contact me if interested. Rob rjsgthree@ gmail.com

Reply to
Robert Griffith

You think after 12 years he's still looking ?

Reply to
Snag