need plumbing advice

my foundation shifted 1/2 inch during the dry weather, by applying additional water, it has corrected itself. i now notice a reduced water flow to one side of the house, the flow to the baths and laundry are normal. could the shifting have pinched a pipe? can the input and output lines be snaked with a video camera to see if my suspicions are correct? tia, inputs/advice appreciated.

Basement or slab home?
concrete slab
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 17:25:33 -0500, "Charles Schuler"

Then, you should dig down where the supply line enters the house. You might find a kinked pipe.
On Mar 1, 5:06 pm, snipped-for-privacy@bda.net wrote:

I'd start by digging to expose the water main entrance. If the pipe got pinched when the foundation shifted it probably happened right where the pipe enters/exits the foundation. If you're lucky, and the pinch is on the outside face of the foundation, you'll be able to chip away some concrete to allow you to cut the pinched pipe and splice in a new piece with some couplings. If it's on the inside face of the foundation, under the slab...well, then you're not lucky!

But if it's pinched at the main service entrance, then why is the water flow only reduced to part of the house?
On Mar 1, 6:17 pm, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Hmmm....right....well in that case, he's _not_ lucky!

It is more noticeable on those outlets near the supply point.

The main or for that matter should be soft rolled copper ( any copper under ground) It is extremely soft and could get pinched. But if one part of the house is normal it would not be the main it would be under the slab somewhere or might be something else causing the problem. it's hard to determine without knowing how it was plumbed. But what I'm more curious about s this statement "my foundation shifted 1/2 inch during the dry weather, by applying additional water, it has corrected itself." I would like an explanation of that.

corrected itself." I would like an explanation of that. <<<<
expansive soil
http://www.westcov.org/events/soil.html
cheers Bob
clay soil was not evenly moist around the foundation, one side expanded, the other side contracted. following the thread, i doubt it is external of where the supply line enters the house, it must tee off someplace, the right side of the house has a normal water flow and the left side of the house is greatly reduced. i need to know if the spot can be pinpointed to minimize the area that will have to be torn up.

On Mar 1, 8:58�pm, snipped-for-privacy@bda.net wrote:

You say foundation shifted- can you see signs of a crack? If you can follow where crack may have occurred in slab, you may get 1 axis of where problem lies. Trace as far as possible entire supply line plumbing of house- can you figure out how it is routed? You may be able to get 2nd axis, at least approx. I have a feeling, though, that you're going to be calling somebody.

there are no cracks in the foundation, and i don't know the routing of the plumbing, i have always been sure i would have to call someone, i just wanted an idea of what technology was available and what to expect. thanks all for responding.