Need part for Malibu yard light

Hi all: I recently had to drill off the top of one of the bolts that holds together a Malibu outdoor lighting fixture because it got corroded and couldn't be unscrewed. The bolt is about 4" long, 8/32 size, with a phillips-type head, and it's threaded from the bottom up the first 1/4", or so, of the shaft. I can't find any 8/32 bolts longer than 3", I can't find replacement parts for Malibu lights in any store that sells them, and I can't find a web page for Malibu or any other way to contact their customer service dept., if they even have one. Would appreciate any suggestions as to how I might acquire a replacement for the bolt described above. Thanks for your replies!

Reply to
PE

Actually, I did conduct a Google search for "Malibu lights", but only got links to retailers. Whatever it is that you know, and I don't know, about Google searching obviously produced a far more useful result. Thank you.

Reply to
pe

A quick google showed me that Malibu is made my Intermatic. You did try google, didn't you? :-)

From that site:

To speak with a customer service representative you may call 815-675-7000 on Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm CST.

a.. If you are calling about missing or damaged parts for newly purchased Intermatic Outdoor lighting products press 1. b.. If you are calling to obtain warranty information press 2. c.. If you need technical assistance with Intermatic Malibu low voltage or solar lights OR an Intermatic SS7 or SS8 in-wall timer press 3. d.. If you need technical assistance with any other product press 4. e.. For information on where to purchase our products press 5. f.. For all other calls press 6.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

A hunk of metal rod and a tap and die set? Or just buy threaded rod.

Reply to
Goedjn