Need new Radar Detector recommendations

Page 2 of 4
Per HerHusband:

Not even then.
Can't recall how many states, but it's double digits, where you can get a ticket for "Impeding the flow of traffic" by doing the speed limit in the left lane.
IMHO people who cruise the hammer lane need to be taught what's right and what's wrong..... but it *will* come in the for of a ticket for, basically, not speeding when everybody else is.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 8/9/2016 4:11 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I still chuckle when I think of this. On my way to work I use the interstate for about 11 miles. Been taking this route for 26 years and I know where the police sit, potentially 3 different spots.
Speed limit is 65 and I set the cruise control at 70. One morning was was in the left lane at 70 while the right lane was cruising at 68 to 69 so I was slowly passing other cars. A guy comes up behind me and was very impatient. I knew we were approaching of the the curves where they sit so I did not speed up. Finally, I moved over when I could and the guy whips around me, gives me the finger and 50 yards later the flashing lights come on. I'd love to know what he was thinking then. Past that spot I bump the CC up to 75.
Per Ed Pawlowski:

My brother had a similar experience karma-wise. He was waiting in a long line of stopped traffic and this Very Important Person in a very expensive sports car passes him at speed going down the breakdown lane.
Some time later, traffic started moving again and he passed the sports car: hubcap deep in the freshly-poured concrete....
Kind of warms the heart...
--
Pete Cresswell

On 08/09/2016 07:45 AM, HerHusband wrote:

I do exactly that. Set cruise control for 25 and pull over A LOT. When the radar detector goes off, I will sometimes pull over and wait for the highway robbers to pass. Depends on the road. Other time when the detector goes off, I will throttle down from 5 under to 15 under as it is the officer's judgment as to who is going how fast and I want to make it obvious it isn't me.
And, I still occasionally get my lunch money taken. SLEAZY POLITICIANS!
On 8/9/2016 6:34 PM, T wrote:

Stop whining! Sometimes you gotta just roll over, bite the pillow and take it like a man.
On 08/09/2016 06:39 PM, Father Guido Sarducci wrote:

NO!!! I like to whine! (Although, I would characterize what I have been doing as "bitching".)

You are right there. There comes a time when bitching doesn't help.
I do go to great lengths to avoid speeding and speeding tickets. And sometimes a little extra technology doesn't hurt either.
If I am speeding, it is only by accident. The radar detector is a great nag device. Its job is to say: "HAY STUPID! PAY ATTENTION!!! Or some nice young fellow with a badge and a gun is going to steel your days wages!!!"
You certainly can't use a radar detector to get away with deliberate speeding. They are just not that good.
Oh and don't laugh at him when he gets out of his car, sorry 'vehicle', and has to pull his pants up.
T posted for all of us...

Yeah that 35 lb's of equipment can be a drag.
--
Tekkie

On 08/09/2016 06:14 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Where if you take you eyes off the road you crash or the road bores you so to death your speed creeps up or you can't remember what it was 10 miles ago and just keep up with traffic. The Revenuers can be really tricky. That is why supplemental technology is needed.
This is all about the money. SLEAZY POLITICIANS!
On 8/9/2016 6:37 PM, T wrote:

Sounds like driving is too mentally challenging for you. For the safety of others, maybe you should consider surrendering your license?
On 8/9/2016 9:33 PM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:

But speed alone has never killed anyone. You have to do it responsibly though.
On 08/09/2016 07:40 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

True! It's the sudden deceleration that is often deadly.

That should be "your eyes".
IME the signs are arranged such that they can easily be read without taking ones eyes off the road, your hyperbole notwithstanding.

You're blaming them for _your_ failure. That's what I call sleazy.

On 08/10/2016 06:22 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Oh brother. And you have driven these roads when? Speed traps around these parts is a hot issues under everyone's collar. You don't live here; you have no knowledge other that what I tell you.
I don't speed. I go to great lengths not to speed. The SLEAZY POLITICIANS go to great lengths to try to trick us so they can get the fines.
Technology -- cruise control, radar detector -- goes a long way to protect you against their trickery

Here is a list of traps: http://www.speedtrap.org/
I just to submitted East Valley Road, Mottsville Road, and Centerville Lane. Hopefully, the additions will keep others from being robbed by a badge and a gun.
Per Idlehands:

Two words: "Speed Trap".
Google it...
--
Pete Cresswell

On 08/09/2016 01:08 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

well stated

What part of don't speed is escaping you? Do the limit and there is no "trap".
Do I get tickets, yes. Why? Because I was speeding. Pay the ticket, slow down, move on.
It's called taking responsibility for one's actions.
--
The was a old guy named binky
Whose thumb began to smell stinky
On 8/9/2016 8:21 PM, Idlehands wrote:

That is sooooooo unamerican!
On 2016-08-09 7:28 PM, Joe wrote:

There's a good reason for that :)

I agree...
this is policing for revenue and is one of the things that needs to change in this country to repair the relationship between citizens and LEO.

The only folks in this country who have a problem "relationship" with the police are lawbreakers and the wannabe thugs who threaten, much less fight with, a cop talking to him or trying to take him into custody.
Then their mamas and the neighborhood-- or national-- agitators raise hell that the the media rushes to cover and presents their side of the story while neglecting the crime(s) they committed that brought them to the cops' attention in the first place and what they did to get their asses shot or injured.
--
The more telling issue is not so much what she did, but how she has
responded to being found out.