Need New Furnace...Any Recommendations?

My thirty-seven year old American Standard Gas Forced Air Furnace has just about given up.

I plan on buying a new Furnace (not high efficiency) this spring when the weather gets warmer and I can get a better deal.

Any recommendations about who makes the best furnace and how to get the best deal?

Regards, John E. Golden

Reply to
John E. Golden

You want the best instaler and not the cheapest brand, You need your system sized right, this means a load test or calculation. Get bids. In spring and summer mnfg. rebates are often given

Reply to
m Ransley

Every maker will have a price increase in the next 90 days...so....well...you figure it out.

BTW, that furnace costs just as much to install on Feb1st as it does on December 20th...

There is not one best furnace. They are all complete and utter garbage untill they are sized, and installed correctly. Then, the name on the unit means nothing, and the qualifications of the installer will shine.

Reply to
CBhvac

My thirty-seven year old American Standard Gas Forced Air Furnace has just about given up.

I plan on buying a new Furnace (not high efficiency) this spring when the weather gets warmer and I can get a better deal.

Any recommendations about who makes the best furnace and how to get the best deal?

Regards, John E. Golden

Reply to
John E. Golden

Post in alt.hvac

Reply to
Martik

I would not since he got the same answer here that he will get there.

Reply to
CBhvac

And get flamed -- which isn't a bad thing when it's this cold.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon