NEED MORE POWER - Electric Chainsaw

I want to get the maximum power from my electric chainsaw. If it was a gas model, I'd simply replace the gas engine with something like a Chevy 350 V8. But this is an electric saw. I considered replacing the motor with a 5HP 240volt motor, but I found that I need 3 phase power in my house and the motor shaft is too thick to fit the pulley. To simplify this whole procedure, I was wondering what would happen if I just ran 240v to the 120v motor? I'd think that would double the power.
A real man can never have enough power. I dont know why they cant just make these things with a voltage selector that reads something like this: Power Level 1. Woman (low power) 2. Average Man (medium power for the office working man) 3. Lumberjack (full power for the man driven by pure testosterone).
On Dec 8, 5:10 pm, snipped-for-privacy@survival.org wrote:

so do it and tell us how long it lasts

lower power equals slower cutting.........
but electric saws always start and are low maintence.....
just oicking up a 5 hp saw would be challenging
On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 15:51:13 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

WTF is oicking? Is that what a pig says, or what?
snipped-for-privacy@survival.org wrote:

Troll! Go do something productive.

If you were actually capable of doing this you should already know what would happen.
so, you're looking for something like this>?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOGJLoVi-Bg

S. Barker wrote:

Interesting. I wonder what kind of V8 that was. Looked like a boxer.
I would not mess with modifying a chainsaw. They do a lot of testing and research to be sure the saws are as safe as can be - as designed.
I have an electric chainsaw that I would let anyone use. But I also have a 32" bar professional chainsaw which I would only let a pro use who has been trained in safe use of these saws and who wears protective gear like chaps, helmet, face shield, ear plugs, etc.
Chainsaw injuries... http://www.elvex.com/facts08.htm
Stihl chainsaw safety and maintenence DVD... http://www.stihlusa.com/information/info_lit_video.html

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 17:10:58 -0600, mountainlion wrote:

It would double the power for a few seconds. If you cut your wood quick enough you can use the saw to start the fire.

it was a bs troll......................